1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RB advice

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by rafael, Sep 2, 2008.

Tags:
  1. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I can start three RBs in my league but I'm torn as to which ones.

My RBs are:

Steven Jackson @ Phi
    Willis McGahee vs. Cin
    Ricky Williams vs. NYJ
    Matt Forte @ Ind
    Kevin Smith @ Atl
    Ray Rice vs. Cin

Jackson is a given. McGahee is starting but not 100%. RW is splitting carries. Forte and Smith are starting but are rookies. Rice will get whatever carries McGahee doesn't.

Indy had one of the worst run defenses in the preseason. The NYJ were middle of the road. Cincy and Atl were #13 and #12 and Phi was top 10. But I have no idea if the stats were accumulated in the 1st or 4th qtr.

Any advice?

2. arsenal

arsenal Sunglasses and advil

Nov 26, 2007
    Commack, NY
    safest bet to me would be Jackson, Mcgahee and Smith... Smith is now the clear cut number 1 for at least this first game with Bell gone and Rudi probably not getting the offense that quickly... so he'll get the bulk of the carries and against a team they should beat easy, thus running the ball a lot late

id like ricky, but you dont know how the split is gonna be with him and Ronnie

3. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Smith is probably the guy to go with. Mcgahee is still hurting from offseason surgery and I think rice will have his job soon, just not yet. Forte isnt a great matchup. Williams is in a time share, one that i think he will see the fewer carries while its a split carry system.

4. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Thanks, Mcgahee's injury is scaring me. I'm leaning towards Jackson, Smith and Forte. I don't think the matchup against Indy is bad and I think he's almost a lock to get a ton of carries and anything at the goal line.

5. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    Steven Jackson @ Phi--easy
    Willis McGahee vs. Cin--if he's starting I'm not benching him
    Ricky Williams vs NYJ--even if he splits with Brown the Dolphins may end up running the ball 40 times.