1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RB23's First Day Mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by RBrown23, Mar 15, 2009.

Tags:
  1. RBrown23

RBrown23 Thanks GISH

Jan 21, 2009
    Maryland
    This is my first mock I have been waiting some time to do til the F/A period came to end with all of the different signings. Our F/A aquisitions have made it very clear to what areas we want to draft so here it is.

1. Clay Matthews
    Personally, not my favorite in a sense, but at the OLB spot he is. The other pick we would go with at this position is Michael Johnson, but his problem is lack of motivation. This is opposite with Matthews. He must be highly motivated since he was a walk on at USC. My one problem with this pick is one it isnt very "sexy" to us fans, but the last time Tuna tried to pick a LB in the draft that was grouped at college with other very successful LB's it was Bobby Carpenter, that did not turn out so good for the Cowboys. If I were sitting here, if Nicks is on the board I take him and the same goes for Vontae Davis, but I feel as if both will be gone by the time we pick. So to me, it is Matthews because we have worked him out.

2a. Sean Smith
    We are obviously in need of corner desperately. Supposibly Smith is a big time corner with great size and good speed. This would be much needed with the big time threats we now have in our division between the division rivals. If Smith is off th board, it will be Darius Butler, who I am also highly satisfied with. We have expressed great interest into both of these prospects. All in all, this pick is almost 100% sure a Corner according to how I think things will play out.

2b. Brian Robiskie.
    This pick in this draft will be very interesting to see where we go at this position. I do think this will be a very "sexy" pick for us fans. I see Robiskie as the guy because he has great size that we need and he is a very good player to pick at this spot. If not him, dont be suprised to see Pat White for the wildcat. Some say he would be a reach, but I would really like that pick at this spot because he would elevate our Wildcat to a new level. If not them, depending where we go with our 1st pick, a linebacker would be the pick most likely Beckwith out of LSU.

Thoughts?????

2. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Couldnt complain about that