1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RealDriscoll's Miami Dolphins 7 Round Mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by RealDriscoll, Jan 22, 2009.

1. RealDriscoll

RealDriscoll Banned

Jan 9, 2008
    1 (#25): Clint Sintim-Outside Linebacker-Virginia
    *Exactly what we need opposite of Joey Porter. Sintim is no stranger to the 3-4 defense and he could be a day starter from Day 1. I undertsand that we signed Cameron Wake but Wake was good in the CFL. I think Wake was signed for depth purposes more than anything. Sintim is a leader who has a great ability to get to the Quarterback.

2A (#44): Kenny Britt-Wide Receiver-Rutgers
    *Perfect complement to the receiver core we have in place with Davone Bess, Ted Ginn Jr, and Greg Camarillo. Kenny Britt has the size at 6"4 and also has big play potential.

2B: Antoine Caldwell-Center-Alabama
    *I know Jason Brown is a free-agent we could have interest in but I think Caldwell is the pick. He is strong and nasty and will have the ability that Samson Satele lacks to handle big Nose Tackle's. Having this guy on a line with Jake Long, Justin Smiley, Donald Thoms, and Vernon Carey would be very very nice for a long time.

3: Terrence Taylor-Nose Tackle-Michigan
    *Taylor has slipped a little but this guy has Miami Dolphins written all over him. He wouldn't have to play right away and learning behind Jason Ferguson would be good for him.

4: Keenan Lewis-Cornerback-Oregon State
    * Has been impressive as the Senior Bowl work-outs. He has good ball-skills and has a tall, lean frame. Could be a steal here..

5: Otis Wiley-Safety-Michigan State
    * I know CK is high on this guy and so am I. The guy was a leader on his defense and I think he translates into a good pro.

7A: Kaluka Maiava-Linebacker-USC
    * Would play inside in our defense ;is over-looked due to the calibur of linebacker on his team in Rey Maualuga, Brian cushing, and Clay Matthews.

7B: Scott Burley-Offensive Tackle-Maryland
    *Depth. Good player and very coachable. Good size and strength

7C: Javorskie Lane-Fullback-Texas A&M

NickyNapoleon and Zanno like this.
  2. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    I would be very happy with this draft.

3. my 2 cents

my 2 cents Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    NC Mountains
    JMO but I think that Wake is the guy they are counting on to be opposite Porter...I could see ILB, inside DL or OL at 1....again JMO...also Scott Burley is pure guard IMHO...he is slightly less mobile than Dolphin stadium and about as big.......Lane reminds me of the stay puff marshmellow man without the ball skills..............JMHO.........

4. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    1. I would be very disappointed in Terrance Taylor.

2. Any mock draft you come up with for Miami should probably involve multiple instances of taking two players at the same or very similar positions. You have an OLB, ILB, DT, S, OT, FB, OC, WR and CB. All sounds very nice and neat. But is not going to reflect reality.

my 2 cents likes this.
  5. my 2 cents

my 2 cents Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    NC Mountains
    Agree CK...IMHO that is almost a given.............

6. Frayser

Frayser Barstool Philosopher

Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    I think that's a bit high for Taylor. I'm also not sold on Britt. What this team needs, as far as a receiver goes, is a true #1. I just don't think Ginn is ever going to be that. I have my doubts about Britt ever being that as well. It's like bringing in Deverey Henderson. We can bring in talented #2 and #3 WRs all we want. I just don't think that's going to actually make our offense that much better. We need a guy who is instantly going to draw the attention of the opposing secondary and open up the field for Ginn and Bess. I think Nicks has that potential, but I'm just not sure I see it in Britt.

I completely agree with this. Parcells and Ireland both seem to have the attitude that if you take multiple guys at the same position you are much less likely to miss. Thus we have Donald Thomas when Shawn Murphy disappoints, and we have Kendell Langford which allows us to take our time with Phillip Merling. I expect us to double up on the defensive line (again) and probably at OLB as well. You just can't have enough of these guys in this defense.

7. RealDriscoll

RealDriscoll Banned

Jan 9, 2008
    I don't know about Terrence Taylor. I feel there is some value there in Round 3, CK. He had a very disappointing season but you feel some coahing and smack on the rear could change some of his habits?

* Sintim, Britt, and Caldwell would be an ideal Day 1. I understand your point ie us selecting Jalen Parmele and Lex Hilliard in 08.

Garret Reynolds is a guy worth watching in Round 3.

* I think there is a slight possibility that Hakeem Nicks falls to us in Round 2 as well..

8. RealDriscoll

RealDriscoll Banned

Jan 9, 2008
    If we double up on a pass rushing Outside Linebacker, Larry English is a guy to be keen on

9. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    I'd replace Taylor with DeAngelo Smith any day of the week. Taylor will still be there later on in the draft. Smith is a dam stud, and Ellis Lankster will be better known after this week as a good CB.

Guys like Vance Walker, Brace, Daryl Richard could be had there and may give better value for the selection in the 3rd round - maybe.

10. I am Bane

I am Bane BAKLAVA!!!

Jan 21, 2009
    Da Ville
    i agree with people on Taylor, Britt, and i do believe Wake was brought in to work and take the SOLB position... Sintim i think we would draft if we believe he could transition into the ILB position.

11. RealDriscoll

RealDriscoll Banned

Jan 9, 2008
    Sintim is not an Inside Linebacker. Doing that would be a terrible move b/c he is a pass rusher

12. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I just don't think Terrance Taylor is physically, mentally or stylistically compelling at this point.

13. NickyNapoleon

NickyNapoleon Active Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    1. I would hate to see Sintim at 25, JMO but there are better players on teh board at more need positions. I am a huge Mack fan and dont believe he will be there at 2a so I would like to grab him at 25. I think he is the opening day starter and will allow Satele to provide depth at C and both OG spots. Although Kiper has Lauranitis going at 29. If Lauranitis is there I would make that pick personally.

2a. I like Britt I think he has a bright future, but I think we can add a solid WR later and here we can add a RT in Phil Loadholt out of OU. Struggles a bit with edge rushers and I wont lie he looked bad against Orapko. But Loadholt has a huge frame long arms and gets great push in the running game.

2b. By taking Mack earlier this pick obviously changes, I would like to see a guy like Rashad Johnson FS Bama.

3. Im not a fan of Taylor at all... Brian Robiske WR OSU would not be a bad choice here. (Let his dad see him slacking and there will be some butt kicking going on)

4th. I like this pick.

5th. I like this one too

7a. Greg Carr WR Florida State, this guy is purely a redzone threat at 6'6 211lbs. As a Noles fan the QB play at FSU this year was meh, but Carr on jump balls is as good as they come.

7b. Kaluka Maiava-Linebacker-USC I like this pick as well

7c. How about a flier on a small school prospect like Kenny Mainor DE/OLB Troy 6'4 241 supposedly running a 4.65 40

14. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    I could see us taking 4 LB's in the draft depending on free agency. We need quality back-ups at those spots more than anywhere else. You always have to count on taking a couple of lineman as well. I think finding a good space eating DT is very important.

15. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    1. I'd be happy if Sintim was there at #25, but IMO the Pats scoop him up.
    2. Kenny Britt may be a good NFL Wr, "but" for us, IMO that isn't a good value pick for us, we have other needs to fill first.
    3. With Unger and Mack, two centers going early, a guy like Caldwell who is only a Center will not be that high, at least that is how I see it playing out, two centers in the top 50 is odd, three in the top 60 is incredibly odd.
    4. To early for a DT like Taylor, strictly a run stopper.
    5. Lewis could be a great pick up.

the three #7's could go anywhere, we could pick a player from Northeastern Idaho ala Hilliard last season.

The problem with our #25 is we need a ILB and we need a pass rushing OLB, chances are good the only ILB who is worth the #25 is Laruantitis, but the OLB's IMO, there many not be a tremendous amount of difference between the type we can find at #25 and the ones available at #44..So we could go James L as our only real option at ILB.

#44 is going to make this draft, I'd love to see a cover corner taken there, we have lacked a top flight #3 Cb since Will Poole blew out his legs a couple of years ago.

Nice first mock though RealDriscoll.

16. Bjorn

Bjorn Season Ticket Holder

Nov 26, 2007
    Maine
    I would like to see Pat white with our 3rd

17. NickyNapoleon

Jan 20, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    No offense I would probably rip my TV down and stomp on my DVR if we take White in the 3rd. Especially since he is demanding to play QB at the Senior Bowl.

Stitches likes this.
  18. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I don't think Ziggy Hood lasts that long.

19. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Which defenisve tackles did you have going ahead of Hood?

20. NickyNapoleon

Jan 20, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    You know who I watched today and he looked good was teh FB out of LSU, although his name escapes me at the moment.

21. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Quinn Johnson?

Last season, we took two Running Backs late in the draft, would anyone be surprised if we did take at least 1 running back late this year?

Ronnie and Ricky are a season older, not much has really changed for them or us.

22. NickyNapoleon

Jan 20, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Thats the one, I have been draft cramming lately and the names become a bit of a blur late at night....lol He looked really good in teh blocking drills, had quite a bit more pop than the rest of the RB's. Mayock was off on a tangent about how he is a throwback FB a guy there to knock down DE's and LB's and catch a pass.

23. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    i wonder what Big Jake's opinion is On Terrence Taylor, if we dont draft him it would be somewhat of an inditement, considering Jake played against him a lot, it is a position of need, and the fact that he can be picked up in a later round.

24. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007

Lot of teams are talking about kicking him inside.

25. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    Where do you have Ziggy Hood playing in our defense?

26. Big Red

Big Red Long Lasting Freshness

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    I've never been as high on Sintim as some others around here. Aqua4Ever04 brings up a very good point. Why would the Pats pass him up? If he's really that good then they'll take him before us. If they pass on him then I have to wonder why. Do we really want a player that the Pats didn't think was up to par?

Love Kenny Britt and Antoine Caldwell. Hate Terrence Taylor and Javorskie Lane.

I think we might take Larry English at #25 too. :up: However, I believe there is a good chance that B.J. Raji is still on the board when we pick. In that case Raji would be the pick and we'd hope for English to be there at #44.

Love Kenny Britt.

Hood and Follett don't appeal to me as much as Tyrone McKenzie and Antoine Caldwell.

I think DeAngelo Smith is getting exposed at the Senior Bowl. I'm hoping for Chip Vaughn in the 4th.

27. Big Red

Big Red Long Lasting Freshness

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    If Quinn Johnson or Tony Fiammetta are still on the board in the 7th round I would bet money that the Dolphins pick one of them.

28. pocoloco

pocoloco I'm your huckleberry Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    North Chicagoland
    I think that heard Caldwell was more of a zone blocking center. Mack, Unger, Luigs might be more suitable

the potential darkhorse at center (or guard for that matter) is Eric Wood from Louisville. A ton of consecutive starts, very sound, good character, stays late to study film. I betcha he last till the 4th