1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really...c'mon MAN!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DHPVW, Aug 5, 2011.

1. DHPVW

DHPVW DuB addict

Apr 1, 2010
    AZ-520
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=nfl&pollId=118793

thought this was a bit ridiculous/sad being the only state to pick our QB's was our own fans/state...... For God's sake lets give Henne some damn support already!! This is a sink or swim year with Henne and maybe I'm being optimistic but I just thought this was pathetic but then again with the whole "we want Orton" chanting I guess I'm not surprised :pity:

I really hope we can all just support who we know is going to be our QB to at least start the season and hopefully succeed and lead us to the playoffs. If Henne bombs midway through the season and everyone feels like jumping ship and feeding him to the sharks then so be it. As of now, it would be nice to just except what we have and give him some support

Aquafin, Tin Indian and ToddsPhins like this.
  2. Ophinerated

Ophinerated Preposterous!

Apr 1, 2008
    Not sure I am following you here... John Beck has the most votes by a landslide... Henne has every opportunity this year to remove his name from future polls such as this one. I believe he will get it done too.

I have been a supporter of his from the start. True, he was not given the best circumstances to succeed. My statement may sound harsh at first but, I do believe he will set this to rest this year. I look forward to seeing him operate in an offense tailored around his skill set.

3. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    America is correct on this one.

dolfan32323, Ophinerated and smahtaz like this.
  4. AdamC13

AdamC13 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    The only team I am concerned about at every position is the Miami Dolphins. Concern and care about are synonymous. Why would I be concerned about any other team?

5. DHPVW

DHPVW DuB addict

Apr 1, 2010
    AZ-520
    sorry, I thought I was making myself pretty clear but I guess not. If you look at the poll results, the state of Florida voted 39% for Henne/Moore.....thus meaning that they think our QB's are the worst or most to be worried about. I understand that the tandem in Washington took the overall % but our home state thinks Henne/Moore is worse than Beck/Grossman and Jackson/Whitehurst!! REALLY, talk about having NO confidence or support for your starting QB

EDIT: the pole doesn't ask what YOU personally are worried about the most....it's basically asking who you think is the worst QB is. If our fans wouold really rather have Beck or Jackson than I guess the cocaine in Miami is really running wild!!

6. Ophinerated

Ophinerated Preposterous!

Apr 1, 2008
    If they are asking for QB's by team... well... I think we are not in good shape. If Henne goes out, we can pretty much write this season off in my opinion. We saw how things went last year when we had to go to our #3 QB... that is what we have at #2 now... I mean, we just signed Kevin O'Connell... as a QB unit overall we are horrid.

DolfanJake likes this.
  7. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

I'm all for Henne getting a shot this year. More so than any draft pick or FA that was available.

Now it's time to step up or step off.

I have no issue with the poll.

Edit: Who cares?

Ophinerated likes this.
  8. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

I don't see a problem. Henne's in third. John Beck/Rex Grossman have the highest percentage as they should. Next are the Seahawks with veteran mediocrity. Third is Henne with an on the fence appeal. Alex Smith isn't amazing, but last year, his numbers were not that bad. Finally comes the Bills who had Fitzpatrick, who played well down the stretch.

I support Henne, but the poll is accurate.

EDIT: Oh, you mean the state of Florida. **** that noise. Support your man Miami!

smahtaz and Ophinerated like this.
  9. DHPVW

DHPVW DuB addict

Apr 1, 2010
    AZ-520
    Never mind.....I guess what I'm saying is just too hard to understand :sad:

10. DHPVW

DHPVW DuB addict

Apr 1, 2010
    AZ-520
    and to think that the QB's in Oakland, Kansas City, Carolina, Cincinnati and Cleveland aren't even listed as options is just funny to me. this thread wasn't to show how I felt about this poll but more or less how I thought it was just sad that the state of Florida, the home of the Dolphins basically voted our QB's as the worst.....even with the given options I just don't agree

hopefully that makes some sense. didn't mean to make a stink about us being on the pole but more or less point out that our fans suck in supporting their QB. hell we are the only state to vote our own QB's by majority over the others

11. maddenking1234

maddenking1234 New Member

Jul 13, 2011
    This is how I see it, Henne was spectacular in college and hasn't immediately been able to have the same success. Now everyone is treating him like cleo lemon because he is a slow learner in comparison to some QB's that came from the same draft class, well I give him all of this year to prove himself. I honestly believe he can be the next Brady if he can just put it all together, he has the ability just can't seem to have it all at once.

12. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    I don't mean to be insulting, but why worry about stuff like this?

It has zero bearing on what will actually happen this season; it'll be forgotten in about 24 hours.

13. AdamC13

AdamC13 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Huh?

14. DHPVW

DHPVW DuB addict

Apr 1, 2010
    AZ-520
    not worrying, just saw the poll and thought I'd post it and give my opinion. plenty of threads posted here that are imo are ridiculous and have no real reason to be posted.....example the two or three threads on Favre or what other old people we should look at etc...I simply saw the poll, it involved our team/QB thought it might be something to talk about. with the recent disrespect from the fans towards Henne I just thought I would bring light to it and imo show interesting poll results. in no way was this meant to be a big deal, just further proof that a lot of Dolphin fans as of late are ridiculous

15. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Huh ? Who said we don't support Henne ? I root for him, cheer for him, but am I concerned ? DAMN RIGHT I AM ! Dude don't make anything out where there isn't anything. Supporting a player and being concerned are two completely different things.

16. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Again you are confusing support, for concern. I support Henne and want him to succeed, but my belief in him is not that great. Thus I won't be surprised when he is benched or we don't win many games.

17. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    It's all good.

18. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Dude, blaming fans for being concerned ? You honestly aren't concerned with our QB position ? Really ? And again I must stress concern and supporting are two TOTALLY different things.

19. ATLFINFAN

ATLFINFAN Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    There is PLENTY to be CONCERNED about here. I dont see us standing a CHANCE to win our division this year with our QB situation, even if Henne stays healthy. I just FLAT OUT dont see it. Will I support hiim.............I cant see that either. I dont like him at all as a QB. I wont go into why............again. I could see him as a very successful baseball pitcher with that arm of his, but not a QB.

DolfanJake likes this.
  20. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    I am concerned about our QB situation in Miami even though I support Henne and the team. Any Dolphin fan has the right to be concerned considering the long time QB situation in Miami. Many of us want Henne to succeed but until he proves he is a good starter who can cut down on his mistakes and be more consistent the fans will continue to have concerns and questions.

DolfanJake likes this.
  21. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    Polls are meaaningless fodder who cares. If henne's play is the result of fans opinion then he isnt the answer

22. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio

So which team are you supporting?