1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red Bull Air Race - 2009 - Windsor, Ontario - My Weekend...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by brandon27, Jun 14, 2009.

1. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Thought some of you might find this interesting if i shared some of this stuff from my weekend with you guys...

So I spent the day down at the Red Bull Air Race today, last year some of you may recall I had a thread similar to this with some pics as well. Last year the race was "officially" hosted by Detroit, but this year for the first time ever it was hosted by a Canadian city, which is my lovely hometown of Windsor, Ontario... CANADA!

Same as last year, the flying these red bull pilots do, is just unreal. Compared to last year there seemed to be a few more mistakes. Today, 4 or 5 pylons/air gates were hit, at least 2 guys pulled up out of the course for their own safety, and very early on, I think the second pilot to fly almost crashed, while going through the series of red gates, which is a bunch of fast, S turns, weaving in and out, he lost control of the plane it seemed, the nose dipped down towards the river, then he recovered barely but was all sorts out of shape. It was pretty intense... Right away officials DQ'd him for the day. It was crazy to see thats for sure.

Last year, the US air force provided the heavy artillery in the air during the breaks in the racing action, this year it was Canada's turn being the
    host. During one of the breaks, roaring in came a Canadian Forces CF-18 fighter... making 3 passes by the river... one at "normal speed", one much
    slower, with the gear, and landing hook down, and a third and final at full speed, with the pilot then going vertical and just shooting straight up into
    the air... completely unreal. I LOVE IT!

Anyways, if anyone watches these things when they air on TV later, I won't spoil who won, I'll just say the same thing I said last year... If one of these things comes near you, go check it out! It's worth it!!

I took some pics, and a video that I posted to youtube which you can find below!! Make sure to click on the thumbnails, then click on the image again on the stupid imageshack page to see the full sized pics. I posted them that way because they're pretty huge!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frHYhyZJ2NY"]YouTube - Red Bull Air Race - Windsor 2009[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR9VyN17jJs"]YouTube - Reb Bull Air Race - Windsor 2009 - Upside Down Helicopter[/ame]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

adamprez2003 likes this.
  2. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Be sure to check out the CF-18 in this one at the end!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    very cool. thanks for sharing