1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Redskins sign Joey Galloway

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by padre31, Apr 29, 2010.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/joey-galloway-signed-by-redski.html

Not good news for Terrel Owens, and imho a mistake by the Redskins, Galloway is looking done, Owens actually had an effective season for the Bills in 09 when one considers their terrible Qb play.

If you are going to go with an older player it would be better to sign one who has been productive recently.

Tone_E likes this.
  2. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    I think the Redskins are conscience of the McNabb / Owens reunion and want to avoid that at all costs - surprising even for Dan Snyder, I know. :yes:

3. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Eh, it's all about winning games though Tone E, especially when you bring in Veterans at skill positions, to pickup Galloway and Bobby Wade is merely fooling themselves.

4. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    Agreed but skill alone can't win championships, coincidentally enough, look no further than the Redskins. Chemistry and cohesion that binds the available skill sets is what maximizes efficiency and brings the best out of the available skill set. That is why PHI got rid of TO in the first place. They had great talent but decided to remove a large part of it because it was just causing problems in the locker room and diminishing team chemistry.

I agree that Galloway is over the hill and done, I mean if he can't get on the field and or make plays with Moss and Welker on the pitch and Brady throwing the ball, what is he gonna do in WASH? But, I do not blame the Skins for not signing TO at the same time. Like you mentioned, or the article mentioned, they need a mentor for the young corps that they appear to be happy with. TO won't be that guy

I'll laugh for an hour if TO resigns with Buffalo though. Talk about desperate.

5. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    To a point Tone E, keep in mind Owens was productive in Buffalo last yr and the Redskins need weapons and typically the Diva is fine in their first season.

No risk, no reward.

6. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I don't think Galloway will have much of an impact, but I'm not sure that not bringing in T.O. at this point should ever be classified as a mistake. Even less so when you have McNabb, a QB who already had issues with T.O. The negative potential impact on the locker room is likely to outstrip any production T.O. could have.

7. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    Typically fine in the first year with a new QB. He has a nasty history with McNabb though, but I'll agree that they can put their differences aside. They are both on the twilight of their career and both chasing a ring, so if they don't let bygones be bygones for the sake of winning as a team, they will do it for their own individual gain.

The carousel continues to spin, where TO lands, no one knows.

8. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Don't forget your...

[​IMG]

For the press conference, pappy...