1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reduced penalties?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Agua, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Agua

Agua Reality: Try It!

Apr 28, 2008
    Admittedly, in each of the games, I only watched off and on after the second string finished a couple series, but it seemed to me that we didn't really rack up many penalties when the starters were in. In particular, I noticed very few holding or false start penalties. That may be one positive indicating that the team is a bit more disciplined.

2. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    or the scab refs aren't calling them as much. hopefully, it's your theory and not mine.

3. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    It's the refs at least in part. Our second preseason game both lines were getting off the ball early and they didn't call any false starts. Also they called defensive players offsides when they clearly got back behind the ball.

4. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Most of the calls against us were in the defensive secondary and many of those were questionable. There were a few false starts even from Long but they were not drive killing.The drops were .

5. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    Im not sure if anybody else has noticed but when Tannehill is under center he draws defenses offside often.

6. Disnardo

Disnardo Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    Kind of funny, the last few years most of the fans of all teams were compaining that the quality fo the officiating has been terrible, so now we have the alternate refs and we blame them for the lack of quality also...

We as fans complain the refs make the right call but they should of made them play... We blame them when they don't make calls, and so on...

If we want consistant calls then we will have to expect a flag on every play, because there is always something happening on every snap that it is not allowed...

The only thing that we hope is that a call will not be a negative game changer late in the game... and that our team can overcome them when they come...

One thing for sure, the calls and games count next week...

7. Disnardo

Disnardo Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    That is something that has not been seen here since Penny was under center... Henne has done that in a few games in his young career, but THill does have a cadence that draws teams offsides a few times a game...