1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reggie Torbor coming on in camp: Miami Dolphins talking points

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...riday-talking-points-reggie-torbor-coming-on/

This is good news if he continues to progress. We need some upgrades and depth a the ILB position, IMO. Hopefully Torbor steps it up and can at least provide us with some quality depth for the ability to sub and rotate in order to keep everybody fresh. We saw how when Crowder went out for those games that are run game seriously suffered, so this can only be good news for now. ;) ....though I do not put much stock into a lot of these reports at this time. It'll take some time for things to shake out and become more clear.

This was one of the knocks on him leading up to the draft, but who knows? LIke I said: It's still early.;)

2. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    There was an article in the paper recently discussing Davis' propensity to trash talk. The media and the fans, some here, love that but I saw it as a potential red flag. It seems the coaches may see it as a potential red flag as well.

3. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    That is great news about Torbor. We absolutely need to guy to be solid inside.

dolfan7171, The Aqua Crush and Sceeto like this.
  4. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Yeah, I hear ya'. Like I said before and something I'm sure you also heard was that this was the rap on him coming out of college. The thing is; The Trifecta knew about this when they drafted him and it's not like Parcells has had only "goody two shoes" on his teams. I think football skills and toughness and dedication are probably most important to them. He's had some tough personalities to deal with over the years and Sparano and Parcells seem like the kind of guys whom can handle a guy like that.;):D I'm not going to get too worried at this point. Let's see how they handle him.

5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I wouldn't go negative on Vontae just yet Rafael, it's his first training camp.

And the red flag was poor ST play, he held a gunner and didn't let go then played it off to the ref.

Larry Little likes this.
  6. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    I hope so. I was a huge fan of his having watched him on the Giants. I am glad to hear that he's probably showing the skills I saw in New York. Cant wait to see it live. Couldnt understand how he lost out to Ayedele last year

B.Sebo likes this.
  7. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    I thought Tony Sparano didn't mind trash talkers. That's what CC said.

8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    glad u like ur nickname Raffie...

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Thanks. It fits, you know.

10. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Trash-talk has nothing to do with Davis' issues.

11. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    apparently, both Crowder & Torbor have improved their training camp
    this is what is needed
    NT, ISL & ST's have to step up big time for us to win in 2009