1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Regular season Pick'em contest

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Questions' started by GoPhins!, Mar 25, 2008.

1. GoPhins!

GoPhins! Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 29, 2007
    Winter Garden, FL
    If possible I think that it would be nice to have a regular season pick'em contest with weekly winners and a season winner. Just a simple pick the winners each week with a monday night score tie breaker or something like that. Let everyone pit their knowledge against each other. :)

2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Kinda like the thing they do on NFL Live? I think its called like Lead Pipe or some crap?

3. GoPhins!

Nov 29, 2007
    Winter Garden, FL
    I'm not sure what that one is. But I'm game. :)

I was just thinking about a weekly contest where you pick which team is going to win each week for all the games and then whomever gets the most right wins that week and whomever gets the most right for the year can maybe get a badge and bragging rights for till next year.

There could also be variations like you pick one team to win that week and if you are right you get to play the next week but if you are wrong then you are out for the year. But that is a little hardcore. One little mistake and then you don't get to play any more. But I'm sure that there are some that would like that method also.

alen1 likes this.
  4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Thanks for explaining lol. I think that is similar to what NFL Live does.

5. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    im in!

6. bkbuffet

bkbuffet Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    Yahoo has one too. It's really easy to set up.

7. GoPhins!

Nov 29, 2007
    Winter Garden, FL
    I have looked around just a little and I have found this one:

http://www.football-junkie.com/

It has both the regular pool and an elimination pool.

If the powers that be are interested I would be happy to purchase the license for this site but that would mean that they would be stuck with the work of getting up and running as I would have no idea how to do that.

And I am by no means attached to this particular software. It is just the first nice looking one that I found. If you have heard of different software or have another in mind I would be willing to purchase a license for that one instead. Depending on the costs of course. :)

8. GoPhins!

Nov 29, 2007
    Winter Garden, FL
    Just to clarify I would be happy to administer it, input the data or whatever is necessary. I just would not have a clue how to install it on a website and get it working. But I'm happy to help with any housekeeping that it requires. :)

9. femalefinfan

femalefinfan Phillies fan Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Philth-a-delphia
    I love weekly football pools! Great idea.

GoPhins! likes this.
  10. GoPhins!

Nov 29, 2007
    Winter Garden, FL
    Well it looks like Celtkin likes the Yahoo idea. But, just in case you change your mind by the time football season comes around my offer to purchase software and/or license for the site stands. :)

Just trying to do what I can to help the site and attract people.

But what ever is used I still think that badges or sig pics for the weekly winners and the season winner is a good idea. Or we could donate money/items for a prize for the weekly and/or season winner and use that contest to promote the site.

11. DeDolfan

DeDolfan Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Rehoboth Beach
    There's a good one at ESPN's pigskin pick'em that the have each year. You can set up a league either public or private and against the spread or straight up, etc. It also keeps the tallies week by week and of course the season winner at the end. That way, no one person has to devote time and effort keeping things straight.

12. DeDolfan

DeDolfan Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Rehoboth Beach
    I like these things alot better than fantasy leagues. I don't have the time and energy needed to devote to it to do it properly.