1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

relationship help

Discussion in 'Outreach Forum' started by Seeking Answers, May 16, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Seeking Answers

Seeking Answers New Member

Nov 1, 2008
    I am a high school senior and I am dating a freshman. She is afraid that her parents will find out and not approve of it and she cant keep lying to them telling them she is going over her friends house. Her parents dont know that we are going out. what should we do? How can we convince her parents that 3 years is not that much?

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

jailbait?

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  3. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University

Lawrence Taylor? Is this you?

J/K dude. Anyway their is no advice as 14 year old girls fathers are a case by case situation.....:up:

Bpk likes this.
  4. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

I am not sure you can convince them. It is not the three years, though that is 25% of her total life so it is really a bigger deal than you think. Having said that, girls often mature emotionally a bit faster than males and thus it may not be that big a deal.

What is a big deal however is where each of you are in your lives. You are: Pick one: going to college in four months, going into the military, joining the work force, or something like that. She is about to take Goemetry I. THAT not the age makes a huge difference.

Her Dad is looking out for her best interest as it seems are you. What is that now?, In three months? If you can articulate a plan that makes sense beyond today, then take it to her family and present it. Man up and go talk to them like the young adult your age says you are. But if you can not articulate a plan that makes sense.....

Also keep in mind, depending on what state you are in, any "physical contact" between the two of you may be illegal. Be very careful that some consentual passion doesn't get you labeled a child sexual predator for the rest of your life!

5. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Brother I would say you may want to move on.:yes: The reason I say that at any given moment when you are 18 they can get you in a lot of trouble, that you will not need. It could be her or the mom, and it will not be worth it. Back in the day with my first wife we were at the same boat as you. We did get married, but got divorced after 6 years coming back from Desert Storm. It was different back then.

6. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    lol