RELEASE the Mother Grabbing KRACKEN!!!!

77 replies

Big EBig ENew Member
Oct 3, 2012, 09:52 AM

He's an elite pass rusher. If he wants extra reps give them to him. Its on the coaches to get the other guys more reps not him.

dWreckdWreckNew Member
Oct 3, 2012, 10:01 AM

"Alex44 wrote:

Doubtful. Wake is a great player but also comes off as a very selfish player. He's been reported to take reps from other players in drills just because he wants to go again.

Cut him


The KRAKEN! Still proving doubters wrong on the weekly.
Get well soon Tanny. #ThatsMyQB

ALalen1New Member
Oct 3, 2012, 10:04 AM

"Alex44 wrote:

Doubtful. Wake is a great player but also comes off as a very selfish player. He's been reported to take reps from other players in drills just because he wants to go again.

The good ones tend to do that. Look up north in New England and their quarterback.

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Oct 3, 2012, 10:06 AM

"padre31 wrote:

Deej..had me going until the body thing.

To me, he is the equal to Suggs.

I'm not 100% but think he may have set the team record on Sunday.

Worth every penny, hopefully he can teach the Baby Squid (Olivier Vernon) how to get after the Qb.

Damn, so you think he's equal to the best in the game..that's high praise Pod, you know how I feel about Suggs ( best in game for the past 4 years)..

I myself have to start putting him in that context...

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Oct 3, 2012, 10:07 AM

"Killer Bees wrote:

I do that same celebration in front of the t.v when he gets a sack lol

Man did those no calls on wake piss me off all game, I just kept screaming "HOLDING" and then AZ would complete a pass down field on 3rd and long. Jeez

that's the type of crap that gets me angry, we would of probably got off the field and won the game. :pity:

Lol..you do the Kracken release?..... That's good stuff..

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Oct 3, 2012, 10:16 AM

"shouright wrote:

Suggs shmuggs. Wake eats his lunch.

WHOAA!!!, Terrell Suggs was DPOY last year, that's a serious comparison doc.....even I have to take a step back and think about that one..

It sure is awesome to think about, that this dude is now in the conversation.

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
Oct 3, 2012, 10:18 AM

"Bpk wrote:

What I got from it was a "Are you serious? Can you believe this ****in guy?" reaction.

There ya go.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Oct 3, 2012, 10:32 AM

Kraken (Cam Wake)

Squidward (Olivier Vernon)

Alex44Alex44New Member
Oct 3, 2012, 10:47 AM

"alen1 wrote:

The good ones tend to do that. Look up north in New England and their quarterback.

Tom Brady should be getting most of the reps, I don't see the comparison. I'm not downing Wake. I'm stating he doesn't come across as a teacher in any way shape or form to me.

Next part isnt at you Alen.

Also I think everyone needs to get off of Olivier Vernons back. He's a rookie who's been very stout against the run and needs to learn some pass rush moves to go with his athleticism. I had no idea his entire career was over four games into it.

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

Alex13Alex13Supporter
Oct 3, 2012, 10:58 AM

"djphinfan wrote:

Lol..you do the Kracken release?..... That's good stuff..

well since the first guy came out to admit it....i do it too.....lol

HardKoreXXXHardKoreXXXNew Member
Oct 3, 2012, 11:10 AM

I'm glad KRACKEN has caught on. Mr. Sack was the worst nickname of all-time.

@BaseyCrock

"Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"

Eop05Eop05Supporter
Oct 3, 2012, 11:37 AM

"Alex44 wrote:

Tom Brady should be getting most of the reps, I don't see the comparison. I'm not downing Wake. I'm stating he doesn't come across as a teacher in any way shape or form to me.

Next part isnt at you Alen.

Also I think everyone needs to get off of Olivier Vernons back. He's a rookie who's been very stout against the run and needs to learn some pass rush moves to go with his athleticism. I had no idea his entire career was over four games into it.

Generally, even the moderately successful DEs have some success in their rookie years, especially given the number of snaps Vernon is getting. There are at least flashes here and there from those guys.

Vernon doesn't appear quick enough to ever be a successful 4-3 DE in this league. And he has yet to prove otherwise. Has he even hurried the QB yet? I haven't seen one flash from him to even consider the idea that this guy could be a good pass rusher

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Oct 3, 2012, 12:01 PM

"Eop05 wrote:

Generally, even the moderately successful DEs have some success in their rookie years, especially given the number of snaps Vernon is getting. There are at least flashes here and there from those guys.

Vernon doesn't appear quick enough to ever be a successful 4-3 DE in this league. And he has yet to prove otherwise. Has he even hurried the QB yet? I haven't seen one flash from him to even consider the idea that this guy could be a good pass rusher

I have, vs Az he did an arm over from the De position and dusted the Tackle but Kraken had already sacked Kolb.

I know some folks are not thrilled with Vernon, but I see a body lean and some explosion from his first step,

Right now, his problem is he has no "one" move that forces a Tackle to overplay that move, he has strong hands and a good first step but has not developed that speed/power/speed that a good passrusher has to summon at will, I think he will get there though.

RevRickRevRickSupporter
Oct 3, 2012, 12:02 PM

Maybe the other guys should prove they can regularly beat our other tackles in practice first? What good does it do for Wake to go against Martin or one of the backup tackles, when he can beat them like a drum nearly every time?

But this is just the opposite. How do our other tackles learn how to beat the best if they don't practice against the best? It has been a vvvvveeeeeerrrrrryyyyyy long time since I played tackle - probably before a number of you, or maybe your parents even, were born (though somebody would have been in trouble.) But, when I was a freshman tackle, I wanted to go up aginst our senior DE. All the time. And I got my butt whipped quite often. However, when you practice against the same level of opposition all the time, you don't improve. It's when you get tired of getting your helmet handed back to you by the guy that just whomped your butt that you begin to learn something about how to beat him. That happens a lot in practice. The other DEs on the team should be learning how to try to beat Long, and the other OTs should be trying to learn how to handle Wake. Not every rep, certainly, but enough to keep them either hungry, or show the coaches that they are not up to that challenge.


We are real sailormen, the destroyermen of the fleet.
We can follow the tracks and ride the backs of the dolphins.
We will be where the action is in every situation.
When things are getting too rough for anyone else,
they're getting just right for us!

BpkBpkLuxury Box
Oct 3, 2012, 12:39 PM

"djphinfan wrote:

Lol..you do the Kracken release?..... That's good stuff..

Now I really hope Killerbees is a bald-spot mulleted, five foot one, three hundred pound dude in an undershirt who lives with his grandma.

Because that visual is hilarious to me.

Eop05Eop05Supporter
Oct 3, 2012, 12:40 PM

"padre31 wrote:

I have, vs Az he did an arm over from the De position and dusted the Tackle but Kraken had already sacked Kolb.

I know some folks are not thrilled with Vernon, but I see a body lean and some explosion from his first step,

Right now, his problem is he has no "one" move that forces a Tackle to overplay that move, he has strong hands and a good first step but has not developed that speed/power/speed that a good passrusher has to summon at will, I think he will get there though.

I'm not seeing that good first step or any explosion. I'll have to look closer because I'm seeing the exact opposite.

BpkBpkLuxury Box
Oct 3, 2012, 12:40 PM

"Alex44 wrote:

Tom Brady should be getting most of the reps, I don't see the comparison. I'm not downing Wake. I'm stating he doesn't come across as a teacher in any way shape or form to me.

Next part isnt at you Alen.

Also I think everyone needs to get off of Olivier Vernons back. He's a rookie who's been very stout against the run and needs to learn some pass rush moves to go with his athleticism. I had no idea his entire career was over four games into it.

Vernon is an excellent dance partner. Never loses face to face contact with his man.

BpkBpkLuxury Box
Oct 3, 2012, 12:41 PM

"HardKoreXXX wrote:

I'm glad KRACKEN has caught on. Mr. Sack was the worst nickname of all-time.

Worse than Senor Scrotum?

BpkBpkLuxury Box
Oct 3, 2012, 12:43 PM

"Eop05 wrote:

I'm not seeing that good first step or any explosion. I'll have to look closer because I'm seeing the exact opposite.

You're good. You have 20/20 vision.

What Vernon lacks in a first step he makes up for with a foxtrot step.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Oct 3, 2012, 12:43 PM

"Eop05 wrote:

I'm not seeing that good first step or any explosion. I'll have to look closer because I'm seeing the exact opposite.

Watch his ankles on the speed rush.

ALalen1New Member
Oct 3, 2012, 01:00 PM

"shouright wrote:

Suggs shmuggs. Wake eats his lunch.

Right...

HardKoreXXXHardKoreXXXNew Member
Oct 3, 2012, 01:08 PM

"Bpk wrote:

Worse than Senor Scrotum?

It's just dumb. It's like calling Dan Marino "Mr. Touchdown" or Jeff Ireland "Mr. ****ty GM" :shifty:

@BaseyCrock

"Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"

BpkBpkLuxury Box
Oct 3, 2012, 01:19 PM

"HardKoreXXX wrote:

It's just dumb. It's like calling Dan Marino "Mr. Touchdown" or Jeff Ireland "Mr. ****ty GM" :shifty:

Okay, Mr Surly Posts

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Oct 3, 2012, 01:27 PM

"HardKoreXXX wrote:

It's just dumb. It's like calling Dan Marino "Mr. Touchdown" or Jeff Ireland "Mr. ****ty GM" :shifty:

And he stuck by that horrible nickname as well, so much so he had to be prodded to ask Wake if he liked "Mr Sack"

Wake was diplomatic but made it clear that was a "uhm..no.."

I think Black Ninja is about the shadiest nickname us fans use, but I kinda like it tbh.

HardKoreXXXHardKoreXXXNew Member
Oct 3, 2012, 01:29 PM

"Bpk wrote:

Okay, Mr Surly Posts

My posts are fine, and don't call me Surly.

Ha! Get it? That's a Naked Gun reference.

@BaseyCrock

"Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"