1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remember the good old days....?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by cobrajet, Mar 11, 2010.

1. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010
    [FONT=&quot][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_zUOAyVgQM"]YouTube- Miami Dolphins 1972 unbeaten season[/ame]

Let this serve notice to every other team in the NFL. Thanks for babysitting our Lombardi Trophy, we'll take it back very soon. :up:
    [/FONT]

Puka-head likes this.
  2. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    Great post. The commentator forgot to mention that Bob Griese broke his leg and our back up QB took us all the way through the undefeated season with the exception of the Superbowl.

3. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    heaven help the league if the "Tuna Team" puts all the pieces of the puzzle together because they are building something that no one has ever seen before.

The variations of the wildcat are endless when you have the talent to open it up. If healthy we are very close to the glory days again. Back then we used misdirection plays, today misdirection can be brought in as part of the wildcat pkg.

Our future is looking very bright.

cobrajet likes this.
  4. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I wish I could. For me the good old days starred Dan Marino. But it doesn't stop me from loving what the 1972 Dolphins accomplished!

5. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    Check out the video and watch the way Mercury Morris chews up the patriots. 53-0!!! When Tuna gets what he needs those days will return. Everything we need is in this draft and when the wildcat is opened up everyone will try to copy it but won't be able to.

Our past was greatness but our future is looking awesome.

6. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    I remember that season well and what an awesome team that was. Kiick and Czonka were punishing runners and Mercury Morris was fast and elusive. I really loved the last part of the video with Jake Scott running back an Int and Dick Anderson trailing him.
    What a great season to be a Dolphin fan and I experienced more pride than I probably have in my whole life. Dolphin Pride!