1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remember When Tom Brady Blew Out ACL?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by iamtiv, May 3, 2018.

1. iamtiv

iamtiv Active Member

Aug 22, 2013
    It wrecked his career and he was never the same after. Good thing the Patriots drafted his heir apparent the very next offseason

OR NOT!!

Tannehill had One injury that was surgically repaired. The decision not to repair immediately was a mistake but its in the past and the 2017 Dolphins were still too flawed, so all we wouldve gotten from a full season of Tannhill was a worst draft pick.

This season, one starting QB who's never been hurt will get hurt. Its life. Right, DeShaun Foster? Who did Houston draft to challenge Foster?

jw3102, Puka-head, Tin Indian and 3 others like this.
  2. iamtiv

iamtiv Active Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Worse draft pick. Grammar fart.

RevRick likes this.
  3. iamtiv

iamtiv Active Member

Aug 22, 2013
    DeShaun Watson! F me running!

4. iamtiv

iamtiv Active Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

5. Fin-O

Fin-O Initiated Club Member

Sep 28, 2015
    This thread delivers..

6. Hoops

Hoops Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2016
    I just hope tannys still gonna sport that knee brace

RevRick likes this.
  7. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    .....All we can do is hope for the best that Tannehill is fully recovered....that our offensive line is better than before..and that he can produce again..

....because it gets very bad after him. Osweiller sucks, about as much as cutler..

RevRick likes this.
  8. Hoops

Hoops Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Monitor the teddy bridgewater situation with the jets. He gets cut for Mccown and the rook and he might given the money he’s making sign him as the 2 deep.

He fits the pre snap progression read o and your season won’t be over if he plays.

Unlike osweiler.

Redwine4all and thetylernator like this.
  9. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    It's ok. It's the interwebs. Everybody here is a dumazz

10. Puka-head

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    It would be much easier for a fat old man like me if you just accepted the cash payment. Or I could just wait til you pass out. But running??? PSSH I don't think you're worth chasing.

danmarino likes this.
  11. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    The difference is that Brady was a great QB before his injury and was able to come back from his knee injury to be an even greater QB.

Tannehill on the otherhand has been nothing but a mediocre QB at best and to expect him to become a better than mediocre QB after suffering a serious knee injury makes little sense. The fact is the Dolphins should have moved up and drafted Rosen and everyone involved in not drafting a QB should be fired if the Dolphins fail to make the playoffs this coming season.

12. pumpdogs

pumpdogs Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    I agree with tannehill being a mediocre Qb and we shouldn't expect anything more but rosen seems like an arrogant entitled prick that nobody in this league will follow.

13. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    While I agree with your primiss I have to tell you Ryan Tannehill isn’t Tom Brady.

jdallen1222 likes this.
  14. Fin-O

Sep 28, 2015
    Physically Ryan and his A1 work ethic makes me believe 100% he will be physically G2G.

Mentally? Hard to project until you see him play in week one

Nappy Roots likes this.
  15. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    To be fair to a discussion. The year before Brady got hurt...117 passer rating. The year after Brady got hurt....96 passer rating. The 2nd year after he got hurt...111.

He was still very good, but he was still Tom Brady. He clearly wasn't firing on all cylinders the first year coming off the injury.

16. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    And, who, save Rodgers (perhaps) is?

17. RevRick

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    There is the old saw that "Everybody is entitled to their opinion."

Sometimes, I wonder!

LI phinfan and resnor like this.
  18. danmarino

danmarino Tua is H1M! Club Member

Sep 4, 2014
    Well, Tom Brady wouldn't be Tom Brady if he had been drafted by another team. lol

Carmen Cygni and resnor like this.
  19. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    True dat

danmarino likes this.
  20. iamtiv

iamtiv Active Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Ryan Tannehill was playing the best football of his career before he got hurt, and I don't think he got any dumber or less experienced in the last 18 months.
    My point is that anyone can get hurt, and many players have had injuries that are so far in the rearview mirror as to be as if they never occurred.
    I look at who Tannehill was at the time he got hurt. I believe in That guy and I So look forward to watching him play again and I'm glad he's our QB. 3 years ago I would not have said this, as I did feel he was still mediocre with doubts on how much he could improve.
    Well, he DID improve and I loved how he was playing and I'm pumped to have him back and I'm really looking forward to the 2018 season.
    I think the much-maligned (for good reason) Tannebaum and his crews are on a good path and I like our direction.

RevRick likes this.
  21. RevRick

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    Who was the head coach when Ryan Tannehill was drafted?
    Joseph Philbin - for 3.25 Seasons. Then he had interim - Dan Campbell.
    Adam Gase began in 2016...
    in 2016 [Gase's first year, as a reminder] even with the year cut short with the injury - Tannehill's game improved in almost every stat [attempt/game, yards/game, and interception percentage were exceptions.] Completion percentage, yards/attempt, TD ratio, and QB rate were all the best of his career.
    It would seem to the casual observer that Tannehill began to improve as soon as Adam Gase hit the ground in Miami. That year was the beginning of a turnaround for Tannehill's game without the strictures of one Joseph Philbin dominating the play.
    I am not beginning to proclaim Tannehill the Next Great Quarterback.
    I am saying that he is good enough under Gase to compete for championships with a better than average team - and I don't think this team has sniffed average since 2000.
    To me, we still have far too many gaps in our personnel talent on both sides of the ball to remain fixated on the quarterback, and complain because he is not the next Marino, Staubach, Farve, Manning, etc., etc., etc.
    - such as -
    an actually competent NFL Offensive Line - for starters (which just maybe perhaps begin to start to improve the present quarterback's performance, as well as the running game.
    AND
    How about a few more people who can make the Miami Dolphins Defense appear to be slightly less Offensive?
    AND
    A couple of more years for the entire team to begin to understand, buy into, and learn how to play under Gase.
    This seems to have started to take shape in the last two years under Gase.
    We could, just possibly, be seeing a coach who can actually make this team into a NFL caliber organization on the field
    - and -
    Make Ryan Tannehill a lot better quarterback than we have had in many years!!!

22. muskrat21

muskrat21 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2014
    Tanny is so medicore people on this board want alex smith or kirk cousins, WHO HAVE THE SAME EXACT STATS AS TANNY....

23. jdallen1222

jdallen1222 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Plantation, Fl
    Considiring his improved 2016 season, Tanny is the new Andy Dalton?

24. Fin-O

Sep 28, 2015
    I agree for the most part.

However the last full game he started?? He was pretty bad with 3ints.

Just wanna get that outta my head.

25. rackhound

rackhound Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2008
    miamisburg ohio
    after watching the garbage cutler put on the field I’m extatic to get tannehill back. If he plays just a little better than cutler we are in every game. If he plays like he did before the injury we are a playoff team. If he doesnt play well this year it’s probably his last in miami. I think he is going to play well and shut up a lot of people......I cant wait for the season to start.

RevRick likes this.
  26. Puka-head

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    Every year since...Oh just god bless it all this makes me throw up a little just saying it...since Jay Fiedler who was the best :death: QB since ever since :headwall: we would have all got down and kissed mediocres feet til Tannehill came along. The 17th to try. As far as Miami Dolphin QBs go he has been way above mediocre for his career so far. Already had a better career than RG3. Arguably better career so far than Luck. Better career than every other QB not named Wilson selected that year. Kap went to the playoffs but not cuz he was a better QB.

I'll take mediocre and getting better while the team grows with him for another year if that really all we've got, as long as he gets better every day. But you evaluate football and football players differently if you can't see he is way beyond mediocre.

RevRick likes this.