1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replay of the Phins/Texans on NFLN @ 8pm et.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Just giving a heads up to anyone who wants to relive the nightmare.=) Only kidding. There were a lot of good moments in that game. We can better see what are positives and negatives were in that game. Sorry if this was posted already.

2. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Thanks bro, I was just watching some of it.:wink2:

3. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    I agree on all your points. If we only could have got some points out of that first pick. On those small yardage plays you MUST try giving it to Ronnie. The guy runs so hard. Even if he gets initially stopped he always uses his power to at least get a couple of yards.

4. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    Cant watch it I will cry and not come on the website for another week

5. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I was finally able to watch the game. WOW! We could have had 8 INTs--2 alone on the last drive. If Channing Crowder turns his head around--INT. Will Allen HAS to make that INT. The ball was thrown directly to him. Same thing as always with him--great coverage, horrible ball skills.

Watching that last drive was tough. I'm glad I was driving back and unable to see it. The 4th down play was frustrating, but to me it wasn't the back breaker. The Texans had 1 TO and 29 secs left at their own 43. Then we give up the 30+ yarder to Daniels or Walter, I can't remember. That was the backbreaker. Now the Texans have a TO 20 secs from our 11. If we don't give up that play, it's much tougher.

Joey Porter is a beast.
    Ronnie needs to get the ball more.
    Chad Pennington is one of the most efficient QBs in the NFL right now.
    Jake Long held his own.
    We need to run the Wildcat more.
    Andre Goodman was abused all day long.
    We missed too many tackles.
    Will Allen was playing hurt almost the whole game, yet was still our best CB.
    Yeremiah Bell had a rough game--both in pass defense and getting owned by the Texans FB. Kendall Langford does a great job against the run.
    Our TE's are an asset--when Fasano is catching the football.
    Nice game by Patrick Cobbs.
    Where's Ted Ginn?
    Where's Ted Ginn on punts and kickoffs?

6. Loyal Fin

Loyal Fin Business as usual

Mar 22, 2008
    South Florida
    well said.. honestly
    but sorry dude.. 4th and 10.... Bell is "in position".. no other texans around...don't go for the pick, "bat" the heck out of the ball.....:cry:

7. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I don't think he went for the pick at all. I think he was in catch up mode while covering, turned his head, and the ball was on him while trying to knock it down. Not to mention, his hands weren't even close together to catch the ball, but more to knock it down.

That's a tough play, but they still have to go 45 yards in 29 seconds with only 1 TO. That's quite a task. It's not a tough task when the next play is a 32 yard gain to the eleven yard line.

8. Dannyg28

Dannyg28 Say hi to the rings

Jan 4, 2008
    The thing is, it isn't....AT ALL. Stats show, teams convert on 4th and short over 95% of the time.Especially with a team practically built to get the tough yardage you HAVE to go for it. Hell QB sneak would have worked.

9. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    These NFL Replays are going to lead to alcoholism for me if the Dolphins keep this up.