1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Report: Jason Taylor close to joining the Jets

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by TheAnswer385, Apr 9, 2010.

1. DHPVW

DHPVW DuB addict

Apr 1, 2010
    AZ-520
    well played :hi5:

muscle979 likes this.
  2. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

How are the Dolphins jerking him around? It's clear they have told him they will decide if they want him after the draft. They are not keeping him from going else where. If he wants to leave, he is free to do so. If he wants to remain a Dolphin then he will wait to see what the team wants.

What is upsetting to the fans is there desire to have JT remain a Dolphin and for what ever reason the Dolphins are unwilling to to make the call yet. They have given him their time frame like it or not. They are not jerking him around. If he signs elsewhere before that time has come that is on him, his decision.

Gitrdone likes this.
  3. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    you know what I meant, JT showed much hatred for the Jets. Stop with the semantics

4. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    He can have a job, and will get one. He could go ANYWHERE including the Patriots and I wouldn't have a problem. Its the fact he is considering the greatest enemy the Dolphins have - the team he has expressed, and rather vocally in the past - that he hates, that he is flirting with. Its being the very definition of a hypocrite.

And about 2008....do I have to remind you that he was still under contract with the Dolphins, and his loyalty should have been 1st to respect his employers wishes - NOT TO DANCE ON THAT SHOW - and he defiantly went against their wishes, and then cried about it when Bill Parcells wouldn't acknowledge him.

His own actions have caused this battle of wills, as I truly feel that had he turned down the DWTS stint, and been a good soldier and fulfilled HIS SIGNED CONTRACT, he would have never gotten this treatment from the FO. He has no one to blame but himself that he is not going to be a lifer Miami Dolphin (like # 13) and universally revered Dolphin icon. Crawling back as he did last year and (sort of) apologizing just doesn't cut it. He was not forgiven by them, and never will be. Parcells detests disloyalty, and JT is a prime example of this.

I fully support the FO in this matter, because Taylor was disloyal 1st.

5. 305TillIDie

305TillIDie Money, Power, Respect

Dec 27, 2008
    Miami, FL
    The guy came back last year and played for pennies pretty much. He has to do what he he has to do. The guy has a family to support and I don't blame him if he left to try to win a championship. Good luck to Jason if he does signs and he'll be a Dolphin in my eyes, always.

mullingan likes this.
  6. ascii

ascii People Watcher

Nov 27, 2007
    Etters, Pa
    IMO he made it out like he hated the Jets based on his comments. There have been many comments made about rivals on a much more PC level, his seemed personal. Either way, I wonder how he must be feeling about this whole ordeal. Is it possible he has issues with Parcells and company? Maybe this is an attempted slap to the face of the FO. All I know is that to me as fan, it's just a little bit odd.

unluckyluciano likes this.
  7. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    He has no one to blame but his own actions. It all started in 2008 when he defied Parcells, and decided to dance around like a fruit, and Parcells had asked him not to.

Jason threw the gauntlet down 2 years ago, and this is part of the consequence. He didn't think that he needed to show loyalty to Parcells then in 2008, so why should this FO go out of their way to show him loyalty and not what they think is best for the Dolphins franchise now ? Once again its selfishness on the part of JT that is causing this battle.

This just shows me a side of his character that I wish I had never seen.

8. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Guy has one more contract left in him, if we aren't willing to sign him and someone else is I don't blame him for leaving. Hate that its the Jest but this is what happens when you tell a player to sit and wait for a deal, they take someone elses.

9. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    JT is probably just messing with the Jets. He knows they can only sign one FA right now.

10. krypto

krypto Banned

Sep 22, 2009
    It'll be so weird because let's say JT does go to the Jets and they do win the Super Bowl. JT will finally get the Super Bowl ring after all these years but every time he looks at it, the Jet's logo will be on it. lol

11. Finsanity

Finsanity New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    City of Angels
    Cant wait till Jake Long smash his *** on the dirt.

12. BB Ocho

BB Ocho Season Ticket Holder

Dec 10, 2007
    Florence, SC
    Miami will win the super bowl this year or next, and the Jets will not. Taylor will retire without the one reason he spurned the Phins, the one ring that blinds his loyalty. He's left the Phins once already.

padre31 likes this.
  13. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

This sounds most logical to me. Barry Jackson wrote this before the visit even.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/07/1566464_p2/draft-options-are-abundant-in.html

ellenfins and jetssuck like this.
  14. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    No offense, but how did he spurn the Dolphins? And how did he leave the Dolphins once already and this makes twice?
    The first time he left was because he was traded to the redskins and this time its because they didn't resign him and will not even say they want him.
    Sounds more like the Dolphins left him than he left the Dolphins.

15. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    The Dolphins didn't trade Taylor against his will, and he didn't go along with it because he's a good soldier.

Taylor requested a trade, and the reason he requested it because he thought the team was going to be in the toilet and wanted to go to a team he could win on.

BB Ocho likes this.
  16. BB Ocho

BB Ocho Season Ticket Holder

Dec 10, 2007
    Florence, SC
    You don't remember his dancing days and wanting to be a hollywood star, Parcells not showing him respect at the facilities, etc... What happened this time? Miami's not showin him respect askin' him to wait 'till they draft for a deal- Don't they know who HE IS? I'll show them, before Ireland's press conference I'll go to "speak" with the Jets....