Report: Mike Pouncey wants new Dolphins contract

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jdang307, Apr 10, 2014.

1. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    That's candy, right? That's candy corn.

Claymore95 likes this.
  2. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    So, I'm going on a camping trip, and now I'm thinking of inviting you ...

MikeHoncho likes this.
  3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Those are always fun. Tons of smores and lots and lots of candy corn. Just be sure to never sit on the exposed ground; don't wanna catch a yeast infection.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

4. mlb1399

mlb1399 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Considering his involvement in bullygate, support of Incognito and Hernandez, he should just STFU!

5. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Really. This is silly. We got him for the next 3 years if we want. Nothing he can do about it. It is the way it is. It is the system his fellow players put in place. If he becomes uber dominant the dolphins will lock him up. Otherwise, he has zero leverage. Just play football.

DPlus47 and Puka-head like this.
  6. Phin5.0

Phin5.0 New Member

Feb 16, 2014
    And, as this thread clearly lays out, he's got problems that he needs to distance himself from off the field and he's not dominate in the running game and I still hold my breath every time the QB goes into the shotgun (although he has improved in that area).

Even leaking the fact that he wants a new contract at this point is just a horrible PR move and incredibly bad timing. We've got him this year, we've got him next year by picking up the option year - all without franchising him.

I'm actually a bit upset about Mack signing the deal with the Jags because he's a player I thought the Dolphins should have been going after. I would have brought him in, played him at guard and had insurance against Pouncey wanting a huge big deal or Pouncey being suspended or incarcerated. Then again, I never thought Mack would cost $10M per, and at that point, I wouldn't have brought him. Because I wouldn't pay $10M for a guard or a center.

But if I had to, it'd be Mack not Pouncey.

7. Limbo

Limbo Mad Stillz

Mar 21, 2013
    Pouncey probably saw what Dave DeCastro (accidentally) did to Maurkice Pouncey in Pittsburgh. That'll scare a guy. He also sees us desperate on the OLine and probably figures this to be a perfect opportunity to make hay.