1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Respect for Today's Fins Cannot be Earned, It Must be Taken...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Disnardo, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Disnardo

Disnardo Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    Wow, where can I start, just a fan who is like most team's fan wants to see things for what the currently are.

For the last week and up until today I have heard basically the same things over and over my different media experts as well as Sport Writers. Todays Dolphins are still beign looked as the team from 2006-2007...

We will not beat Houston because we have not beaten them the last 3 times...that has been the media cadence all week... To me, just a fan, not an expert at all, try to analyze why a win is inconcievable...

Let's first look at the cons-

1-The Fins face an 0-4 team that has the fire and ability to win a game by sheer want??? But we all know that have not... :tongue2:

2-The Fins have never beaten the Houston...:cry:

3-The Fins have trouble stopping Andre Johnson..:sad:

4-Matt Shaub is back and will face a bad Fins secondary...:cry:

5-The Fins secondary has trouble stopping teams with two physical WRs... :sad:

6-Houston has two very good D-Lineman that are playing well this year and will cause fits to the young Miami OL...:shifty:

Now for the Pros...

1-Miami in 2007 had the fire and desire to win close games last year, that never payed dividen. It takes more than heart and desire to win games, like a great gameplan, coaching and game play execution... This is something that this team has beleived in in the last 2 games against AFC power-houses...

2-Has anyone that makes this stament really research their work? The only current Dolphin player that played against the 2003 Texans is Ricky Williams. That 2003 Texas team won the game on 2, 4th quarter FG drives. We have not given up any points yet in the 4th quarter this year...

In 2006 we led the Texans, with Daunte at QB, 9-3 at the start of the 4th quarter. Two 4th quarter drives by Houston killed the teams chances, specially when we struggled to score points that year...

In 2007 again we led again 19-16 in the 4th quarter to give up the lead and not be able to move the ball Offensively. This was the game that Green got the concussion and Lemon had to come in to try to save the game...

In 2008 we have a new OL, new QB and an improved D that agains has not allowed any 4th quater points.

3-So far any big WR will give our secondary fits. It seems that even though we have the WR they lack making a play on the ball. Bottom line is good WR will make plays, no doubt, but he needs to be kept in check, by keeping pressure on their QB so the play has not time to develop downfield...

4-We have had no trouble putting pressure on the QBs except for our game against Arizona. We had good pressure on Favre, Cassel, and Rivers, so I don't see how that is going to change. Our coaches are getting the most out of our Defesnvie front 7...KUDOS to them...

5-See my answer for # 3 above...

6- We have a semi-young OL, and the only 2 players that played against Houston's DL were Carey and Satele. Houston can be run up on and can be passed on. What makes me think that? We played on of the best DL in the Pats and San Diego's we really move the ball at will for the most part about 70-80% of the time, without the Wildcat formation...

Now, looking back at the Arizona game, where we had our hickup this year, we can dismissed that as not being really prepared for their style of game. Looking at what they did also to Buffalo last week, at Arizona, and what they did to the Jets in the Medowlands (scoring 35+ points in the second half) leads me to believe that with better coaching, they can really be a contender. I have heard in the news media that Arizona is favored against the Cowboys (wow), even without Boldin? Anyways, ever since that whhopping, our coaching staff has made shure that they would properly prepared for their opponents from that day on...

Hopefully you have enjoyed my mindless rumbling and I apologize for take off 5-10 minutes of you lifes...

This team will win today and get that dumb monkey off their back...

... the media experts will again have us as underdogs against Baltimore at home next week...

This team WILL TAKE THEIR RESPECT BACK, because that seems the only way they will get it...:knucks:

2. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Nice post bro!:hi5: We must not let the Texans bring the game to us, we must take our game to the Texans for 60 minutes.:up:

Disnardo likes this.
  3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Nice post brother, there will be nothing more enjoyable then watching this franchise earn its respect all the way back up to the top. The right way, throu the right kind of player, thru toughness, disipline and unity.

I know that parcells will not let us fail, were are in perfection position to ascend, I really feel the fans are starting to appreciate what were seeing, this team has already exceeded my expectations. I know there will be some bumps, but i also know that something special is happening right now...if we win this game today its gonna be a blast of a ride...this year...can you believe it..this year.

Look what hunger and unity did to the chargers and patriots, both those teams are more talented then us, BUT NOT MORE HUNGRY THEN US, NOT MORE UNIFIED THEN US.

Game about to start.....lets do it baby

Disnardo likes this.