1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Return to Vietnam: Meeting a formerly faceless foe(By Col. Jack Jacobs)

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by Topdawg13, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Topdawg13

Topdawg13 New Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Indiana
    -Link-

gafinfan and MrClean like this.
  2. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

I can not imagine the emotions running through both men as they met again after 40 years! I have spoken with Pearl Harbor vets who have met japanese aircrew of that Day of Infamy and they too could not describe the feelings they were having. Thanks for sharing the story.

Topdawg13 likes this.
  3. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

I've read about Lt Col Hal Moore, the guy Mel Gibson played in We Were Soldiers, also going back to Vietnam for the same type of reunion, along with some of the other men who were part of the Battle of Ia Drang, the first major battle between the US Army and the NVA.

4. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

I don't see anything odd about this at all. One can hate, respect, fear, an enemy at almost anystage. As for the questions I can understand that too. I'd love to ask that Russian Sub skipper if the Carrier he had in his sights that Oct. day off Cuba was Intrepid. I do know for a fact one night one of their patrol craft put a Missle firecontrol lock on us, we were at GQ, why didn't they fire? I guess I'll never know but sure would like to!