1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revis and Gronk

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GARDENHEAD, Sep 3, 2014.

1. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Is Revis still Revis? Anyone know how he played in the last few games of the season for the Bucs?

What's the latest on the Gronkowski situation? I gotta think he plays.

2. LITP

LITP Active Member

Sep 2, 2014
    Revis will be playing in a very different scheme (man-2-man) with the Patriots than he played with the Bucs (mostly zone).

Man-2-man was how he made his name as the premiere shut down CB in the NFL while still with the Jets.

He says he feels great - but then he probably would. No indicators show him any less than 100%.

Hard to say if he'll still be the same shut down CB he was in New York.

I imagine Gronk will just play mostly RZ against Miami - they'll look to steadily ramp up his snap count for 5-6 weeks.

Pandarilla, vizi0n and GARDENHEAD like this.
  3. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    I'm hoping Revis falls off a cliff like Asumgua did.

4. vizi0n

vizi0n Boom.. Club Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Doubtful... Im sure he will be in prime form. Miami will just have to scheme around him.

Wallace has the best shot at getting behind him simply with his speed. (it's happened before with speedy receivers) definitely not saying it would happen a lot but Wallace has the best chance.

On the flip side if they were to camp Revis on clay all day then hartline and Wallace should be able to do damage in the short and intermediate area of the field.

All depends on RT17...does the kid step up in their new scheme?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

5. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Patriots have always played Man 2 Man..their scheme isnt new. The difference is they can get to the qb better this season

vizi0n likes this.
  6. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Revis can focus on Wallace hopefully. maybe we get lucky and Tannehill connects with Wallace if he burns Revis, but more importantly, frees up our other WRs like Hartline, Gibson and Landry. I'm actually more paranoid that they put Revis on Hartline and take him completely out of the game.

7. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Revis island has always been a myth. Not to say he isn't a top corner, because he is. He's never been quite as good as portrayed though. Which isn't a knock because he's portrayed as some god of corners.

8. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Revis got away with a ton of holding/pass interference penalties when he was with the freaking Jets, just wait till you see what he gets away with as a Patriot.... it's going to happen... I still remember that disgusting holding he got away with on the end zone against us on Brandon Marshall. lol..

9. VManis

VManis Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 10, 2010

Illegal contact is suppose to be a point of emphasis for the refs this year, it will be interesting to see how that effect his game.

77FinFan likes this.
  10. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    It will affect any man to man scheme, especially the NE scheme with two physical press cover corners in Revis and Browner. But at the end of the day, I think NE and SEA will be subjected to many fewer penalties of the kind compared to the NFL average. Just a guess.

11. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 message board ******* Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
    IF the rules play out all these "physical" corners are going to take a step back and the "off" corners are going to get a boost (Grimes) this rule change is theoretically good for the Dolphins because of the style most of our corners play.

12. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I was reading the other day about grimes and how he actually prefers to stay hands off.

13. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    I'd put Will Davis in that "off" corner category too. He just stays with the receiver and waits to jump the route for the most part.

14. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    The style of backing off ten yards and giving up 8 on the slant pattern.