1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revis responsible for Vontae's swagger?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Colmax, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Link: HERE

2. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    Is that a good thing...motivating a rival? Oh well I just want to see the secondary dominate.

MarinePhinFan likes this.
  3. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    There is nothing wrong with our players having some swagger.

4. Darrelle Revis

Darrelle Revis I BELIEVE!

Apr 21, 2010
    New York City
    But then again you guys bust the Jets balls for having some? It's good to know that Davis wants to be like Revis. Just like Kobe and LeBron want to be like Jordan. That's RESPECT. If someone motivates you, then they are good at what they do.

5. HenneGivenSunday

HenneGivenSunday New Member

Aug 11, 2010
    we don't bust the jets balls for having swagger. we bust their balls for proclaiming themselves super bowl champions in august and flat out insulting other teams in the league. that said, I respect revis as a player immensely, and if the secondary aspires to be at his level, that can only be a good thing

6. AdamC13

AdamC13 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Having "swagger" relates to having confidence in one's own abilities.

And then there is being "narcissistic" and "egocentric" which is thinking they are so important that what others do is all about them. As evidence by the following statement:

"I had that talk with him, him and Sean and it looks like they're motivated to go out and do it. Yes, I am responsible for it," Revis said. "

Having swagger (insert Dolphins here) is likable, being narcissistic and egocentric (insert Jets here) is not.

7. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Did you just compare Darrelle Revis to Michael Jordan? Michael Jordan was a generational talent and the greatest basketball player who's ever lived. You are basically calling Darrelle Revis the greatest football player who has ever lived. Stop it. Darrelle Revis isn't even the best cornerback CURRENTLY in the league so he is certainly not the best corner who has ever played the sport or the best defensive player who has ever played the sport or the greatest player who has ever played the sport.

If you are going to come on this board and troll like their is no tomorrow at least try and be ****ing realistic about it instead of bringing endless hyperbole to every conversation.

8. AdamC13

AdamC13 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Thank you...He was probably only one or two posts away from comparing Sanchez to Marino.

9. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Cbs and Wrs are naturally arrogant individuals...they have to be. Davis has had "swagger" going public with it is fine with me.

10. Pblmax99

Pblmax99 New Member

Sep 27, 2010

Who cares bout MJ....you are right...but Revis is best CB in the game....dont give me this Nnamdi garbage...have you seen him? I havent seen much.....I havent seen him dominate the best WRs in the game on national tv in the playoffs, big games, Monday night....now he is in Philly we will see cuz they will get a ton of pub this year...

Revis has played, shut down guys and dominated in front of everyone not at 4pm EST on a 4 win team that nobody watches even their own fans.

11. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Wow, your ramble almost made some sense

12. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    I only brought up MJ because the troll did. Nnamdi is better.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  13. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

Can you say that again because all I could read was blah blah bla blah blah bla blah...........

or nevermind

14. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

Tedd Ginn sends you this message

Pipe down!!

:)

15. Pblmax99

Pblmax99 New Member

Sep 27, 2010
    Whatever who cares....We will watch Nnamdi get beat on multiple occasions this year and in back of your mind you will say have I seen 24 in green and white beat like a drum for 8 catches 96 yards?

BTW from a Jets fan...this kid V. Davis can be a stud...better than McCourty...way more physical...I like him a lot..has a build and body like Darelle...

16. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    No, you surely haven't.

ToddsPhins and Ozzy like this.
  17. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    No kidding you haven't "seen much". That's the ultimate compliment you can pay a corner. {In case you have a puzzled look right now} You haven't seen much from Nnamdi b/c QBs have treated him like the plague. Revis has yet to earn the same respect.

:huh:

Are you speaking in football tongues or something? What the heck does any of this mean?

18. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    All I'm saying is---- no disrespect, but you realize Nnamdi's been playing in the league for a while now, right? The verdict is not still out on him. I'm not sure why you're questioning one of the elite cover corners in the history of the game.

It's not like Oakland is in the Arena League and this is Nnamdi's first time covering NFL receivers.
    I don't understand what national tv has to do with anything. Stuff like Sunday Ticket and bars have been around for a while now. Just sayin.

19. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    The Jets fan is just pissed that Namdi rejected his team.

20. Pblmax99

Pblmax99 New Member

Sep 27, 2010
    I would argue yes Oakland is a borderline arena league organization...and no I havent seen Nnamdi do much...I do remember him getting destroyed by your boy Brandon Marshall up and down the field....in Denver. Does anyone actually watch Nnamdi 1 on 1 vs anyone when they are 2-7? We will see this year when Philly is in your face like it or not.

21. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Are you sure Nnamdi was covering Brandon all game?

Is this the same Denver team that Shanahan coached?..... the same Shanahan (?) that said the following:

Is the following a compliment from a NY Jets coach? Yup, I think it is.

Here's another tidbit published by Clark Judge at CBSSports a few years ago:

BlameItOnTheHenne likes this.
  22. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Like Jerry Rice and Darrell Green?

unluckyluciano likes this.