1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rewatch

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Nov 4, 2014.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    At the 3:19 mark Dallas thomas pulls to his left showing good mobility to lead Lamar Miller and smashes his defender, the impact was violent, and the defender had no chance, he also showed some some continued looseness in his technique.

Juice on the little sweep toss from tannehill on the first drive where ryan led him perfectly yet a bit low is a very difficult catch to make..

Gator Hokins showed good movement and blocking technique..nice thickness to his body, moves well.

I just saw the godfather move from tannehill after the first td, came off the field and touched one of his receivers on the side of the face with a nice little slap, saying, lets go while continuing to walk like his sh++ didn't stink, and not smiling.

3 read option runs by ryan in little over a quarter..

more gator good blocking technique.

Jared odricks bull rush caused rivers to throw that hi pick to jones in the 2nd quarter.

Damien williams shows some nice soft hands and awareness on his first coach for 13 yards, then again real soft hands on a little outlet pass at the waist, he can catch and make his first move at the same time..good sign.

lol, we all love Juice, however he's still catching punts with just his hands..got to use his body a bit more, no worries..

hartline is one of the most unique catchers of the football, knows how to use his body..He was running some nice routes on flowers

more good gator blocking technique.takes real solid looking position.

Danny I mean Tanny threw that freakin Lazor to wallace..pretty filthy throw right there.

Im noticing Ryan keeping his feet moving, not letting himself get flat footed, so when and if he needs to escape he's in a better athletic position..Dan was always moving his feet..always.

would like Jamar taylor get mike thomas reps..start grooming him with versatility in mind, believe Pate mentioned that earlier..I want that talent on the field for those reps.

I think Miller was benched for a bit for dropping that pass in the flat..

wallace and gibson dropped 1 each as well.

Landry fell on another..all four passes were on target.

yep..hes bouncin on his toes like Dan used to do.

Jones wants to hurt someone..me likey.

Gator has a nice body for the position, he's gonna be able to take punishment, and he looks like he's strong..were gonna have a nice trio there for the 2nd half of the season.

were up 30 to 0..have the chargers backed up at their 10...and every fan was on their seat...not good enough from the fans.

Fouts made a very keen observation on the landry td, the combined balance with strength to tippie toe that while fighting the defender was very unique.

If we could just allow dion to play standing up, he has no plan with his hand in the dirt..let this kid see it, and run after it.

Kraken comin out the gate in a four point stance..unstoppable with his type of vertical talent..probably working with a track coach.

fun stuff to watch again..best defense in the league.

MikeHoncho, evz, vt_dolfan and 2 others like this.
  2. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    I just started re-watching the game, when I first watched it I must have been getting a beer when I missed this tidbit of info: "The Dolphins have a montra for the 2014 season 'protect the shield' they have a big bronze shield that is displayed in the locker room. The shield was given to Philbin by a group of Navy Seals but it is being used for the Dolphins as a symbol of one team with one common goal. Ryan Tannehill said it is a visual reminder and a rally cry to put the team first, play for the guy next to you and have a warrior mentality."

3. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Yep...I started using it as my Sig recently to show Im behind the teams one common goal. You wanna see something else even more BAD ***!!!

Dolphins Credo Award!

Every Thursday morning the Dolphins crowd into the team auditorium for their daily meeting.

And during that gathering, in front the entire team, the Credo Award, a figurine of a Spartan warrior that's a symbol of the team's credo, is handed out to an offensive player, a defensive player and a special teams player, as everyone applauds.

"I ain't gonna lie," said Pro Bowl left tackle Branden Albert, who won after the Oakland game, "it's cool to get outside accolades, but within your team, it's a pretty cool thing."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-dolphins-1031-20141030-story.html

[​IMG]

smahtaz, DOLPHAN1, djphinfan and 2 others like this.
  4. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Anyone wanna guess what those cost?

5. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    pure guess. 15 grand and it wouldn't surprise me if it was more.

6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    This should absolutely not be a one year thing, this should become part of miami dolphin culture..start writing it on the walls, make a trophy case for it, do everything possible to make it our own forever.

its a great idea if coach came up with it.

7. Deerless Dice

Deerless Dice Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Between $50 and 100 bucks, depends on the seller

8. Brasfin

Brasfin Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Brazil
    Has Tannehill ever won the Credo award, by the way?

Dol-Fan Dupree likes this.
  9. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    These notes aren't worthy of their own thread because they are my first time taking notes while re-watching a game, so I will post them here. I am no expert at watching film. Just like a normal fan, I watch where the ball goes and make comments. Just in case anyone gets bored and stops reading I will throw in this tidbit of info that I also have at the end of this post. On a hunch, I looked up the CBS head quarters since they stopped showing the Dolphins game and cut to a "more competitive" Jets game. I wasn't surprised to find out the CBS head quarters are in New York, NY. I bet the only reason they showed the game to begin with was because they thought the Dolphins would lose to the Chargers. Then they got pissed because we were kicking butt and switched to the Jets game.

• *Randy Starks gets a sack on the first play of the game.
    • *We should have challenged that 3rd and 11 pass on the Chargers first drive we would have won it as the WR’s knee was out of bounds as he made the catch.
    • *I’m so glad the Chargers went for it on 4th and 1 because 37-0 looks so much better than 37-3
    • *Beautiful 25 yard pass to Charles Clay that hit him right in the numbers.
    • *The play that Wallace juggled to catch was placed right where it needed to be, that was a well timed hit by the chargers db and great athleticism by Wallace to make that catch happen.
    • *Jarvis Landry is amazing! I felt like I was playing Madden when he made that amazing juke on his first catch of the game.
    • *Perfect pass to the corner of the endzone to Clay.
    • *Great tackle for a loss by Misi to start out the Charger’s 2nd drive. Misi’s presence has definitely been missed on this team.
    • *Tannehill had all day to make an 18 yard strike to Clay on our 2nd drive.
    • *Tanny takes off for 22 yards! I think I have a man crush on him every time he takes off running!
    • *Jones looked like he jumped off of a trampoline on his int on the Chargers first play of their 3rd drive.
    • *Damien Williams with a great catch and run for 22 yards, more than half of that was after the catch running through 2 defenders and still standing!
    • *The throw to Gibson that was dropped and could have easily been a pass interference was another perfect pass from Tannehill that hit him right in the hands.
    • *I know that Damien Williams was Tannehill’s last read on 3rd and goal on our 3rd drive but if it would have been the first read that might have been a touch down. Either way, I love seeing RT go through his progressions and making plays.
    • *Marino has been coaching Tanny on receiver adjusments, or things to tell the receiver regarding running room and how to get them open. This is the first I’ve heard on details on what Danny has been telling Tanny.
    • *We got lucky on a few dropped passes from Charger’s WR’s throughout the game so far. I believe I’ve seen 3 or 4 drops so far almost half way through the 2nd quarter. I’ve only seen 2 drops from us so far, one inexcusable one from Lamar Miller and one from Gibson with a db hanging on his hips before the ball hit his hands.
    • *Nice 12 yard gain by Daniel Thomas with 5 of those yards coming from running backwards. Lol
    • *Looks like I was right about our 2 drops since they just showed RT’s stats as 12/14 with 131 yards and 1 TD with 5 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. Make that 13/15 while I am typing. Now 14/16. Long 40 yard pass that could have been placed much better making Tanny 14/17. This part of RT’s game needs improvement.
    • *Perfect pass to Wallace that threaded the needle for 38 yards! I feel like RT just responded to me saying he needed improvement on that part of his game. lol
    • *I haven’t said much about the defense yet besides the sack to start out the game and the int by Jones, other than that it’s been a little pressure on Rivers, tight coverage by our db’s and dropped passes from the Chargers. The chargers haven’t ran the ball much since they are down 20 points and trying to catch up. We’ve basically made no mistakes on D.
    • *I spoke too soon again, the pressure on River’s has definitely picked up in the last few minutes of the 2nd quarter.
    • *Nice strike to Wallace that he couldn’t catch. He was covered tight but the ball was right where it needed to be and would have been a first down if it wasn’t dropped.
    • *I hate seeing this impressive one minute effort to get into field goal range, knowing that Sturgis will miss his field goal. I hope we get a new kicker soon. Sturgis led the league in fantasy points for kickers during this week, but we all know he sucks and 4 of his fantasy points were PAT’s.
    • *Nice 13 yard run by RT but hold on to that ball. He got lucky we were able to recover it but what’s it matter anyway when our kicker sucks!
    • *They are showing the halftime stats with the Chargers having 1 turnover, shouldn’t the turnover on downs count too? Do I need to write the league a letter and protest? Lol
    • *It’s good to see Hartline making some nice catches.
    • *RT with another good run and it was cool that they showed clips of him running in High School. He is electrifying every time he runs.
    • *That trick play with Wallace throwing the ball was stupid and unnecessary.
    • *Clay with a drop in the corner of the end zone. So far all the drops have hit the WR’s hands, this one was a little too far though.
    • *Great play by RT evading pressure and extending the play for a TD to Rishard Matthews. We are gonna need a lot of this when we play Buffalo.
    • *Jone’s should have had another pick.
    • *Even when the Chargers were able to move the ball a little it was because Rivers made some great passes into tight coverage.
    • *Great awareness with Grimes cutting in front to grab his pick.
    • *Philbin should have challenged that play when the ball was ripped out of Clay’s hands right at the goal line. That makes 2 challenges that we could have won if Philbin would have thrown the red flag.
    • *Big Earl Mitchell getting a well deserved sack!
    • *Grimes was hungry for his 2nd pick of the day!
    • *I love the the bootleg pass to Clay. RT was getting chased down but you can’t catch our white ninja.
    • *3:38 in the 3rd quarter and CBS decides to stop showing the Dolphins game to switch to a “more competitive game” and they put the Jets game on. I had a hunch and looked up the CBS headquarters. I wasn’t surprised to find out CBS is located in New York, New York.

djphinfan and evz like this.
  10. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

I really liked the Wallace pass, to be honest. It got him more involved and showed some trust in him to do more. That and it's now on game tape, so it's one more thing other teams will see and hopefully waste time considering. We haven't done anything like that this year and several other teams have, its fun to this kind of stuff every once in a while...shows they don't have sticks all the way up their asses.

And Wallace made the right decision on the throw!!! It ain't like we were way behind trying to come back...perfect time for something like that.

11. PhinFan1968

12. P h i N s A N i T y

P h i N s A N i T y My Porpoise in Life

Apr 19, 2012
    Treasure Coast, FL
    Really ? Folks were already leaving happy by that point. I notice you always taking shots at the fans who actually spend all their money go to the games and cook in the sun. It's exhausting drinking in the heat and celebrating after every drive. We'll build endurance if this continues. But part of it is that yall on your couches need to accept that your rooting for a south Florida team ! It is what it is.

13. PhinFan1968

Just watched it some more, and not only is Wake friggin absolutely ridiculous, but look how hard #77 gets jerked/pulled as he's holding OV who's on a mission to the QB...insane.

Sooooooo sick...

14. roy_miami

roy_miami Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2013
    The worst thing about that play was Grimes was tracking it, Jones actually broke up the easy interception from Grimes.