1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rich Eisen: Is it just me or.....?

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by GISH, Oct 27, 2008.

Tags:
  1. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Has he turned into one of the most annoying people in sports coverage?

I really liked him when NFLN was getting started. He came across as someone who had respect for the game, and enjoyed his opportunity to share it with everyone. But now, his highlight calls lack enthusiasm; and IMO he seems very condescending, very schumckish, every time he speaks. He is tainted good IMO. I hope he doesnt become the 'Boomer' of NFLN, as I wont be able to tolerate 30+ years of Richie. Big fan of Boomer btw, he's the best in the biz. Classy, passionate, respectful, enthusiastic, nostalgic, all around guy.

2. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    I really like Rich Eisen of NFL Network. I don't watch ESPN anymore. I do miss watching Tom Jackson. Boomer's has gotten really old. I will watch the pre-game on CBS from time to time. I watch all my highlights on NFL Network now.:up:

3. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I'm a big Eisen fan but I can kind of see what you mean. It's kind of like he tries too hard to be funny and witty instead of just doing the highlights. But he does get me chuckling quite a bit.

"That's when the Dolphins began to play with...porpoise."

:lol: love that line!

4. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    He was always a character at ESPN.:lol:

5. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Hes neutral to me reall. I dont really like him, but neither do I dislike him. Boomer im still a fan of, as well as Tom Jackson, like them both. Meshawn is kinda killing ESPN though. He has some great comments, but the rest is terrible.

I love Jaws though on MNF, you can really tell in every word that he absolutely loves the game and has some great insight into it.

6. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I've always liked Eisen, I do like most of the analysts on NFLN except for Sapp, Mora and Dukes.

Jaws is hands down the best NFL analyst on ESPN, Merill Hodge is up there too.

They definately need to kick Kornheiser of the MNF team, he's great for PTI but not on MNF.