1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Richie Incognito destroys the Jets

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by keypusher, Nov 1, 2012.

1. keypusher

keypusher Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2007
  2. Hurricane

Hurricane Guest

They must have taken his Pizza Rolls

[​IMG]

3. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I have such mixed feelings about Incognito.

He played very well in the Jets game, but he's been a pretty ****ty run blocker all season. I had an initial theory this off-season that he wasn't athletic enough to be a good zone blocker based on his pretty mediocre athletic displays while pulling, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe someone smarter than me at this kind of stuff can put it together, but Incognito seems to consistently bad run blocking, but for inconsistent reasons. Slipping off of blocks, getting overpowered, bad technique, etc. and so on.

But then probably his most dominant performance as a Dolphin and maybe in the NFL this week makes me second guess all that. Did he finally turn the corner? Did they get on his *** over the Bye week and correct some issues?

Or did Incognito just really get into the fact that he could let loose and be a tremendous ******* in the Jets game, and that's the kind of thing that gets him going?

fin13 and Nappy Roots like this.
  4. Laces Out

Laces Out Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Omaha, Ne

Vinny Fins and Boik14 like this.
  5. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn

Puka-head likes this.
  6. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    But, you really do need a guy like that up front, on both sides of the ball. Just a mean SOB. It's not a nice guy's game inside.

Kickers are usually nice guys for example.

7. Laces Out

Laces Out Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Omaha, Ne
    Never said it was a bad thing. He is the kind of crazy a team needs in the trenches.

8. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    He's become my favorite player on the offense. Dude doesn't take **** from anybody.

unluckyluciano and Coral Reefer like this.
  9. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Con, you're a nice guy.....:shifty:

10. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    this is really funny Dpate, not sure if you read in another thread where I wrote about my frustration with conflicting opinions about Richie, and that was part my respect for your eye, and part my own.I have mixed feelings about your mixed feelings because before this last game I've been reading your analysis on him, and it didnt match up with what I saw from last season.

I wrote this in July.

"Been looking at some of last years games just to Iso Richie..

First off I'd like to say that the combination of Vernon Carey and Columbo were so bad that it really does give me so much optimism going into the season..Those two guys deserve to be where they are at this point, which is OUT of the league..Bums I tell ya in their final year, flat out bums.

I iso'd Richie because it just seems like he has this thing hanging over his reputation in that he is a lumbering stiff, slow player...my findings were quite the contrary.

1) He's big, and he's strong, he anticipates the snap well, he doesn't take unnessasry steps in his back pedal before he engages, right off the snap he locks on, his anchor and base of his body is so stout its very hard for defenders to get around him, and usually once he locks on , he drives you out of the play or you basically don't get leverage on him.

2) the misconception...Richie incognito has quickness in that body even though it looks like he's as stiff in the upper body as Channing crowder in coverage, he's not, he's got some get off, he gets off the line with some explosiveness when he knows he has to get to the 2nd level, and executes the responsibility, finds the player, and gets the job done..I just watched for mobility and quickness, and I came away impressed, dude can turn, twist his upper body, and believe it or not, can run.

3) awareness...I must of watched about 300 snaps, and he is very good at keeping his head on a swivel, can take two players out of the equation on occasion, disengages quickly off his inititial, relocks, and always finishes the play thru the whistle.

4) I feel comfortable with him next to Jake, and I don't say that just because he's safe, no, he's consistent, he's strong, he's aggressive, he can stop a player in his tracks, has a good punch, and has mobility and quickness that he doesn't get credit for, he's a good left guard imo."

I haven't been watching him closely this year, but I don't know how a player that looked to be solid just this last year to having a down year without injury, and this coaching staff.

11. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...hris-canty-and-the-best-line-play-from-week-8

That offseason, Incognito landed in Miami, and while his reputation around the league hasn’t changed, some of the other issues have. The league has kept its hands out of Richie’s bank account for much of this year, and this week especially was a reminder of those mauling skills that made teams covet him at the start. Incognito was excellent all day against the Jets, mostly in the run game, where he routinely both blew guys off the ball and got to the second level. But it was one play in the second quarter that really stood out.

12. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Agreed. At times this year I feel like he's rivaled John Jerry for being the worst of the starting O-Linemen. I wonder if the Jets game was an aberration or as you said, he's starting to turn the corner. I'm not sure if Indianapolis will be a good indicator either, as they're pretty bad at stopping the run.

13. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    I think any team can be a good indicator as long as you adjust your expectations. He should look great. If he just looks servicable then...