1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Richie, Jerry and Pouncey in on harassment

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Ducken, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Ducken

Ducken Luxury Box Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    Lower Delaware
    Scrolling at the bottom of NFL network will get link soon. Not sure what to think of Pouncey.

2. Ducken

Ducken Luxury Box Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    Lower Delaware
    dolfan32323 likes this.
  3. MIASportsFan

MIASportsFan New Member

Nov 25, 2013
    West Palm
    At least all this can finally be over now.

Ducken likes this.
  4. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    It doesn't sound promising for us at all, great

Ducken likes this.
  5. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Uh it's not over, the report is very bad.

Ducken likes this.
  6. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    It clearly states Martin never went to Philbin. That was really the only thing that could have hurt us anymore. We've already planned on firing turner I think with the two assistant ol hirings. The players may be some trouble but I doubt much.

This is over.

7. dolfan40

dolfan40 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Germany
    Pouncey has got zo go!! i dont care if your an hof Center or a bad Center u should beheave yourself first year ok but not a second year ..Shows me.just how much of a Prick Pouncey is..and i wont talk about John "Im always outta shape" Jerry!!!

Situation.is pissin me right off

8. Shamboubou

Shamboubou Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Honestly I'd have to see what they considered bullying. I'd venture to say if you looked at 95% of the locker rooms in the NFL there would be what they consider bullying.

If it is actually bad, and there is legitimate bullying then just burn the whole thing to the ground. It's not very good to start with.

9. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

The report is bad, but it's not anything that we didn't already know...as Citizen said, the worst thing is that Philbin could have been made aware and he wasn't.

We knew that Turner was 'involved' to some extent.
    We knew that Cogs/Pouncey were linked.
    We knew that Martin was mentally incapable of the treatment he got.
    We knew that it involved locker room pranks on steroids.

There's nothing new here...

The question is whether the league will do the sanctions or whether Ross will be able to make those decisions...I'd bet on the league. The thing is, this isn't as bad as the Saints crap from a few years ago...the HC and coordinators were not involved in this...The locker room, prior to this, has been the players domain, not the coaches/staff. That will change for the NFL, not just us... That is a significant change given the extent that success in the NFL is built on the 'team'...but we'll have to wait and see...I'm just relieved that there wasn't much in the report that was not already known...

10. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Yeah well Pouncey is an azz, but an azz that can play...he won't be going anywhere...except possibly suspensions. JJ, on the other hand, it doesn't matter. He can't play anyway. The only reason he escaped scrutiny because of his weak play is that Martin and Clabo played even worse than he was....

11. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    Looks like we might have to replace all 5 starting offensive lineman.

12. Itsdahumidity

Itsdahumidity X gonna take it from ya

Dec 10, 2007
    Yup, and we still have to wait for the other a. hernandez shoe to drop for pouncey. So even if he survives this we can't fully trust him based on his character

13. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

I dont think anything is gonna happen we didnt already think would happen.

I think Turner will be gone.....

Other then that...in a few days, it will be back page news.

14. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Did you mean "go" or "go go"?

dolfan32323 and Desides like this.
  15. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    Based solely on past performance, I have no problem with this.

Not So Fast likes this.
  16. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    Was this report written on tampon paper?

17. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    Pouncey won't be going anywhere ... even if he is a dimwitted douche who I think we know pretty well now from his associations with Incognito and Hernandez ...

Incognito and Jerry will definitely be gone .... as will 'likely' Turner even though Philbin likely won't want to DX him ...

This is not bad news at all ... really, not even news .... the words were chosen pretty carefully regarding the 'harrassment' ...

PHINS wont actually be that bad off ... they can jettison Cogs and JJ and make it publicly known that Pouncey is under a watchful eye, and receive kudos for 'cleaning it up' .....

18. Mk2

Mk2 New Member

Jan 15, 2012
    wow I read the entire report. I'm stunned. what we knew was only the tip of the iceberg. Incognito, Jerry and Pouncey all going down, along with coach Turner

THAT WAS A CRAZY READ

19. Mk2

Mk2 New Member

Jan 15, 2012
    The NFL will suspend Pouncey if Dolphins don't. its unfortunate but he made his own bed.

20. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    I'll say it again in this thread.

Any of you that are "shocked" by the examples of banter given in this report have never been in a locker room environment of a competitive team. Sports are full of aggressive Alpha male types and this type of joking banter.... and it is joking, goes on all the time. All.The.Time.

They joke in aggressive and extreme manners as a macho showcase of how close they are.
    Lets not even talk NFL or college ball, if you took all the references to race on my high school team in Miami seriously there would have been a race war right on the field. There never was and no one to my knowledge ever got into fights over it. It was just again, an extreme way to ride each other and show how close the unit was.

Seriously.
    Martin either could not make the distinction between what is and is not meant to be "real", can't exist in an atmosphere with individuals that interact in this manner or he used the situation as an opportunity.

I can guarantee you this though, go into any other locker room in college or the NFL and you are likely to hear all kinds of things that if they were taken literal would make you cringe.

If they want this type of behavior out of sports they are going to have to create an entire new culture within athletes.

21. TooGoodForDez

TooGoodForDez Deion Sanders for GM

Feb 26, 2013

Did you miss the part about the organization's policy and rules of behavior?

Seriously!

22. Coral Reefer

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    :lol:

23. TooGoodForDez

Feb 26, 2013
    OK so you did miss that part. How about the part where the report done on behalf of NFL condemns this behavior as harassment and bullying? Did you miss that part?

24. Coral Reefer

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    I didn't miss anything.
    You are missing the part on how different people interact in the real world.

Of course the NFL condemns any actions that creates an opportunity for a lawyer to twist and stretch a situation into a "bullying" argument for the sole purpose of bringing legal suit and making a ton of money.

At the end of the day THAT IS the reason why people who can handle joking around in this way will have to learn to stop or be casualties. It does not however necessarily mean they were being awful people. I am great friends to this day with teammates who called me every name in the book and parts of anatomy you wouldn't want to be called due to things that happened on a football field. It was never taken as derogatory at all and never meant derogatorily by them.

25. TooGoodForDez

Feb 26, 2013
    You must've missed this part: The Report concludes that three starters on the Dolphins offensive line, Richie Incognito, John Jerry and Mike Pouncey, engaged in a pattern of harassment directed at not only Jonathan Martin, but also another young Dolphins offensive lineman and an assistant trainer.

26. Coral Reefer

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Nope I read it.
    What's your point?
    It's not about what did or did not happen.
    It's about intent and again how different people interact with each other.
    If you take words spoken or typed at face value without consideration of the situation or intent you can make a lot of conversations look attacking, harassing or threatening.
    I'm telling you that everything listed in this report happens on a regular basis in any locker room around the world at different levels.
    If you want to change that, then fine.
    Don't however think this is some crazy one off situation.
    Don't ignore that it's very possible and my personal experience that athletes that engage in this behavior are not at all trying to harass their teammate. They aren't bad people really trying to push their teammate over some mental edge that they can't handle. They simply interact this way on a daily basis and its the norm to them. Some of you just don't get that but it does not make it any less true.

27. pumpdogs

pumpdogs Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Yea ok!Now we have to replace 5 lineman in one offseason.Glad your not the GM.

28. pumpdogs

pumpdogs Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    It will be bad news thanks to ross if pouncey gets suspended.

29. Brasfin

Brasfin Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Brazil
    Incognito: Excited for tonight Nate is on the verge of killing us all.
    Long: Good man It will be a good one for u guys tonight. Haha.
    What r u guys doing to Nate.
    Incognito: Since we cut samuda we have been non stop on nate.
    Even turner is in on it. He looks like he’s about to cry 24/7.

Does this look normal to you? It's one thing to poke fun at someone and give them a hard time in jest, but to actually acknowledge that the guy (your own teamate) isn't taking it well and STILL continue doing it just for fun is, WADR, crossing the line. I don't know about you but to me, that is just plain being an a-hole, here, in the NFL, and anywhere in the f-ing world.

Ducken likes this.
  30. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Richie Incognito and John Jerry's careers should pretty well be over at this point, and Mike Pouncey is reaching the point where he's got so many negative marks against him that it's starting to balance out his talent level. That mother****er needs to find Jesus.

31. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    You did. This goes far deeper then the Martin harassment. Between the drugs, the bullying and the racial harassment of an assistant trainer (and I hear there is a lot more to come on that front and it's very disturbing) and outright lying about it when they have several witnesses..... A Pouncey suspension is definitely in the coming. Question is how long. It also brings up between this and the Hernandez involvement of whether this is a guy you really want to give big money to or be around our coming draft picks on that line.

Anyone burying their head in the sand on Pouncey is going to be blindsided quite frankly when the suspension hits. At this point the Martin part of things is actually the least of the concerns where Pouncey is concerned.