1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rick Reilly: Donovan McMabb's not the only one confused...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by mnfinfan, Dec 3, 2008.

1. mnfinfan

mnfinfan Active Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    Grand Cayman and Minnesota
    Rick Reilly: Donovan McNabb's not the only one who's confused - ESPN The Magazine

Quite a fun article, I only got 2 right so I am just as bad lol!

hugoguzman, TheAnswer385 and Ludacris like this.
  2. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Well it is kind of sad the players don't know these things but they aren't really supposed to. Their only responsibility is to play at a high level. The people I would like to see questioned are the so called students of the game like Peyton Manning or even Chad Pennington...or even better Roger Goddell.

Interesting read though and McNabb should carry a copy of this around regularly for backup support. :lol:

BTW the third QB rule is stupid.

3. aesop

aesop Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    NYC
    I couldn't answer a good number of those, but realizing a regular season game can end in a tie is a much more widely known rule.

4. femalefinfan

femalefinfan Phillies fan Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Philth-a-delphia
    He should have asked those questions in private in the coaches office, or in the locker room with his teammates. It was the stupidity that he showed to the press that will, more then likley, be his legacy.

And I'll just sit back and laugh!!!

5. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I knew all of those!

I could be a coach in the NFL for sure :up:

6. mnfinfan

mnfinfan Active Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    Grand Cayman and Minnesota
    Did better than me, but I never considered myself even somewhat knowledgeable about football.

The Fair Catch Kick was a new one to me until I saw it tried last week. I cannot remember which team now. Though I didn't know that was the name for it.

7. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Cardinals I believe.

8. peastri

peastri iD'Artiste Luxury Box

Mar 25, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    That's a pretty lame rule. It should at least be allowed to be defended. And really, if time has expired then time has expired, if you couldn't score before the final whistle then too bad.

9. If a team is paying you 500,000 a season or higher you should make it a priority to learn how to play the game before you step onto the field. It is absolutly inexcusable to not the rules of the game and call yourself a professional. In my book your just an overpaid amatuer if you do that.

10. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    so basicly if your qb gets hurt and your backup gets dinged up you are screwed..