1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ricky on his legacy: I’m trying not to make it worse

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Jun 4, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    link
    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/...trying.html?cxntfid=blogs_inside_the_dolphins

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
    PhinsRock likes this.
  2. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    I hope so Ricky.....

3. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Good luck with that Ricky. :lol:

I hope he does well but I'd be lying if I said I'd be surprised to see him fail at this recent comeback and not even playing at some point next season for any number of reasons.

4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    What is this considered that your playing right now?

calphin likes this.
  5. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Poor Ricky. He can't ever win.

He's damned for throwing away a good thing. And he's damned for realizing it.

6. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Playing a game they love.

Take the statement in context, maybe what he labes a "real job" is one where you don't get fired before you're 35 or so.

Themole likes this.
  7. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I can see what your saying but I still see it as a real job. One beneficiary of being fired at that age is that you are basically sent into retirement with loads of money. Would you rather be sent into retirement at age of 35 with boat loads of money or work till you're 60+ to make a living that you may never exceed/reach financially that a pro gets??

To me, I look at it as a real job because you still wake up every morning to give your best to your boss and be successful.

8. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
  9. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Lets just hope the kid gets what he wants this time and runs for 2,000 yards this season, then we could rest Ronnie till he's fully recovered. That would set things right around here for Ricky and his legacy.

dolphindebby likes this.
  10. Themole

Themole Season Ticket Holder

Jan 4, 2008
    Palatka Fl.
    He'll not be damned by me for trying to make right the remainder of his career. Ricky of the past would have never said; “I’m more worried about my legacy just in a bigger picture, just setting myself up for post-football, going back to school and getting a real job and raising my kids.”

IMO, Ricky Williams, has seen a lot of muddy water run under his bridge. He hasn't marched to the same drum that most of us would have been in step with, but, the end results are all that matters.

He's planning on finishing his education, setting himself up (he's still relatively young) for the real world of being a productive citizen, working in a "real job" that will provide for his family. A job, that he might be able to use to set the example for his children to aspire to work toward. Not everyone has the God given talent to make it to the NFL for the quick bucks.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  11. Themole

Themole Season Ticket Holder

Jan 4, 2008
    Palatka Fl.
    It's a "Temp" job. Especially for Running Backs.