1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ricky vs. the Bills

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GARDENHEAD, Nov 23, 2009.

Tags:
  1. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Yes, the Bills are a different team as are the Dolphins. However dig this:

In 2002, in 2 games vs. the Bills, Ricky had 325 yards and 2 TDs
    In 2003, in 2 games, he had 263 yards and 1 TD

When Ricky has been the featured back, he's run wild on Buffalo. I think he's actually better in the cold weather. His old bones have 10 days to rest up for the trip. I expect big things from him.

ps: If anyone on this board calls this game a "trap game", I'm going to kill them. You have been forewarned.

HULKFish, FinSane, MonstBlitz and 5 others like this.
  2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

trap game. :lol:

I never, ever, ever look ahead. Ever.

3. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    If a trap game is a trap game but you are forewarned not to call it a trap game does it remain a trap game none the less????

HULKFish and gafinfan like this.
  4. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    We need to take care of business in Buffalo. Lots of QB pressure will help disengage their offense. Starks, JT, JP, Wake all should have a good week.

Vontae will probably get another big time Wideout as his responsibility. You know if he jaws with Steve Smith he'll have no problem chirping TO to try and beat him. That could cause chaos on the bills sidelines.

Ricky and LEx will have good games. The bills can't stop the run and as you pointed out gardenhead, Ricky loves to run wild on the bills. Don't see that changing this week.

But we do need to stay disciplined, not make bad decisions and protect the ball. A couple bad turnovers could give them a chance. If we protect the ball we should easily win this game.

Oh and early note to Henne: Watch out for Jarius Byrd. Once you find him, don't throw his way. That is all.

DolfanTom and dolfan7171 like this.
  5. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    trap game

dolfan7171 and SICK like this.
  6. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    What do games six and seven years ago have to do with how Ricky Williams will run in 2009. It doesn't matter at all whatsoever.

Pointless thread.

gunn34 likes this.
  7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    A trap game would be a term to use if we were somebody, right now were not in that position, and we better know it.. {tampa this year, texans last}

Ricky like's that carpet, and that team will not be able to match our will for 60 minutes. Get focused, play well, and get the W.

Pretty sure Marshawn is banged up

late again likes this.
  8. GARDENHEAD

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Thank you for your input.

FinSane, MonstBlitz, padre31 and 6 others like this.
  9. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    It's not carpet anymore it's fake grass and we didn't play there last season.

10. GARDENHEAD

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    I believe "carpet" is a generic term for fake grass. Under the umbrella of "carpet" lies both astro-turf and field-turf.

djphinfan likes this.
  11. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    iam well aware of that,and iam not talkin about last year, iam talkin about ricky william's experiences running the football IN buffalo...if you did'nt know, he's been very sucessful there, and is the reason why i said what i said.

Fake grass is a carpet to me dude, its just a term oh sensitive turf master.

12. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Your post is disrespectful

FinSane, Ozzy, 2socks and 6 others like this.
  13. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    eh....dj he has a point, we have a different offensive philosphy, different coaches, different oline, they have a different defense, different personell etc etc

it matters as much as saying "in 1978 the dolphins beat the bills on the same date so they have the advantage" it is completley irrelevant.

BUT

espn makes living making stupid *** stories that have no meaning and they are a nationaly run sports station.....so i dont see why this thread is "pointless" :lol:

14. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    There's some variables there..one being how we match up with them, ricky could put up 2 bills against these bills.

Ricky's running form is accelerated on turf...

Familiarity..been there, done it..hope its cold weather, cause those dbacks are not gonna wanna tackle him, that variable never changes, thats why i like him in buffalo.

15. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    i get what your sayin, but i did'nt interpret the thread that way when i read it, i looked at it from this weeks matchup, their run defense against our new identity..The fact that hes proven in those element's that he can be explosive, gives me confidence going into that game.

The point is, Ricky has been in those past situations which makes it relevant to me.

1978 til now is irrelevant, i agree.

the 23rd likes this.
  16. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    the Beast of the SecondHalf will prevail
    the Bills better hope in doesn't snow on game day
    Ricky runs like an arctic wolf in the snow:
    he transforms himself in inclement weather
    the PerfectStorm is coming ...
    :taz:

HULKFish likes this.
  17. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    What do two football games earlier in the decade on a completely different surface have anything to do with what will go on this Sunday in Buffalo. You act like he owns the place when in reality he has played there twice.

It is a pointless comparison to state those two games as a reason why Rick will chew them up. I chose to prefer more sensible reasons like Ricky is as strong as ever and running teams over etc. Not some nonsense like he did it there 7 years ago in the snow so I know he can do it again. That is nonsense.

Sick is right ESPN makes a living out of this useless drivel. That is why they suck. None of it matters.

Once I went to this bar and met this really hot girl and we had a smoking one night stand and I'm going back to the bar again and expecting..... It doesn't work that way. If it did I'd be there right now. :lol:

SICK likes this.
  18. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Yeah when you're 5-5 and looking up at the division leader @ 7-3 you have no room to feel good about yourself (yet).
    We either bring our A game mindset each and every week from here on out or we're going to be left behind.

djphinfan likes this.
  19. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area

I agree w/ Friend GardenHead
    however
    if that is too much of a stretch for you
    how about the Carolina game we just played as an indicator?

Run Ricky Run!:hammertime:

dolfan32323 likes this.
  20. The Aqua Crush

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    so were all on thephins.com.

GH starts a thread about Ricky in his career having success in Buffalo.

The phins are playing buffalo this week.

Ricky is now our starting RB.

His success will go a long way in this team scoring and winning games.

Were discussing dolphin football and this weeks upcomming game. And ricky playing in Buffalo.

How is this pointless? I thought that thephins.com was the place to discuss anything and everything dolphin related. Great thread GH. It's not pointless whatsoever. It's dolphin football and i for one would gladly discuss it with the members of this site.

and to the people who think the variables are different and it's too long ago, there was a NHL hockey player that always destroyed my fav. team when he played for columbus. About 6 years ago. Well 2 years ago he got traded to another team. Different teams, players, situations, roles. And guess what, he still killed our team everytime he played us. For some odd reason, no matter where he played, for what team, when he played us he found success. Just because the teams are different and it's been 6 years, doesn't mean anything. Some players just play better against certain teams, even if the variables around them change.

FinSane, keypusher, firedan and 3 others like this.
  21. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Ona day in 1973, Parcells was looking out a window in a cold place. That same day the Phins won. We will win this game too because Parcells will be looking out a window.

Sorry. Couldn't help myself. I'll go sit in the corner now.

padre31, 2socks, SICK and 2 others like this.
  22. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    I think we will be pretty successful this weekend, but I am actually predicting it will be through the air that we get there.
    If we are planning on Ricky having 125 every weekend, he aintr gonna make it through the season.

23. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    We've lost in Buffalo the last four times we have played there so we don't play well in Buffalo. Therefore we lose the game.

Or

The last time we won in Buffalo was in 2003 and Ricky had 111 yards rushing. Therefore we win the game.

I bet these are the factors that decide the outcome either way. :wink2:

24. GARDENHEAD

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    I'm sorry, I was not aware that there is only one factor we should take into account when analyzing this game and that all other factors are irrelevant crap that only ESPN would discuss.

I never stated that we were going to win because of what happened in 2002/2003. You're being a disingenuous jerk. Its really that simple. I can handle it, but just understand that I'm getting psyched for this game and I remember the great games Ricky's had in Orchard Park...on carpet...in the winter.

I'm excited to see what Ricky will do in Buffalo. Re-read the OP. I think his past performance is indicative of his future performance. Why is that so offensive?

The Aqua Crush likes this.
  25. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Ricky is the RealDeal:dolphin:
    he's relatively new to the forum.
    takes a while to get a feel for things.
    Friend KillerPhins: post often; post well
    & welcome to your new home.
    GoFish!

padre31 and The Aqua Crush like this.
  26. The Aqua Crush

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Rio, your a gem :up:

Good stuff

the 23rd likes this.
  27. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area

Buffalo @ NY is always a difficult game
    having said that
    I predict a Miami victory w/ plenty of blood in the water
    you may be right about the passing game
    however
    to get that going, they'll have to run the ball first, then pass
    & to run the ball the Orca-5 will have to win the line of scrimmage

the game will be won in the trenches:deadhorse:

28. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    No need for insults or personal attacks. I thought it was about civility here.

I'm just trying to debate my point on how things that happen in the past in football don't reflect how things will turn out years later. Take the Dolphins Super Bowls in the early 70's and how they won two straight. Ten years later they go back to the Super Bowl and even though Don Shula was still the head coach it doesn't mean they will repeat. The outcome will have no bearing on what happened years before just like what Rick did in Buffalo on a completely different surface has no bearing on what will take place on Sunday. The games back in the early '00s don't mean squat in predicting how Ricky will do.

I'm kicking a dead horse so I'll leave it at that and I hope RW tears it up on Sunday.

29. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I know dude, its just part of the equation man, no big deal...i think a lot of where iam coming from is pure confidence..

Ricky looks like he does'nt know his own strength and speed right now, the familiaririty being there before, and being very sucessful, may put him in the frame of mind that we want..combine that with our oline taking over the identity of the team, iam confident going in.

If it snows there, will you be happy he put up 2 cnotes before in the same elements...lol, i had to dig for that one huh.

30. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    If we win yes I will be very happy. In 2002 we didn't win and Ricky put up 228 and 2 TD's in the snow.

I like stats but not as much as I like wins. :up:

31. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    the difference in that variable is the obvious, that team was different around him, yet hes still the same ricky..i'll take that production on this squad.

I believe he made a snowman in the snow no?, lol, now thats a relevant variable.

32. GARDENHEAD

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Whatever you say, man. Re-read your first few posts. You misrepresented my OP and did it in a rude fashion. I'm not engaging in name-calling. Rather, I'm describing your actions. You were disingenuous and rude.

I will leave it at that as well and hope that RW tears it up on Sunday.

33. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Run Ricky Run!
    hope it snows, the beast of the second half
    is a like an arctic wolf moving across the snow
    can't wait for the game
    Run Ricky Run!

34. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Livin' and Dyin' w/ Ryan!

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Did I ever mention that I've been to Buffalo eight times to see the Dolphins and they've won ..... like, never :no: I'm 0-8. :angry:

And - yes - I'm going Sunday. Ricky better pretty darn well run all over Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, whatever! Just run, and score lots of TDs!!

I think Ricky showed last week what he's still capable of, and Buffalo's run D is not as good as Carolina's so .....

This year, I get to see a win! I don't think this team has any more "trap" games left in them. They know they practically need to win out, and they've had 10 days to prepare/rest, etc. No way they take this lightly!! Can't wait.

..... and No, you can't convince me not to go Sunday :pointlol:

35. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    :lol:

36. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    You are a very different poster 23rd and please don't take that personally I love style and you seem to have plenty of it.

I am still feeling out the site and I like it here. Everyone sure agrees way too much though. It's like it is some kind of strange perfect world where negative opinions are forbidden. I don't hold back my opinions so lets see how it goes. I have been called a jerk, a troll many times, and a fourteen year old in my brief stint thus far. I am none of those things just a very passionate Dolphin fan with a loud voice.

Thanks for the kind words.

the 23rd likes this.
  37. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    :lol:

RW does have good games against the Bills iirc, he came off of an 8 game suspension and tore the Bills up in his first or second game back that season.

The Bills have the worst rushing defense in the NFL, what RW may have done in 2002 doesn't specifically matter, however that fact does matter.

4 hours of Colin Cowherd is proof that ESPN is indeed "Eternally Spreading Pointless News"

38. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Which is a good point, the Bills had swept or spilt with the Dolphins from 2004-2007, in 08 we swept them for a change.

A part of that streak DTom was the Dolphins just were not a very good team for 3 or 4 seasons.

DolfanTom likes this.
  39. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

So your not counting the win in their soon to be new house last year?

40. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    i doubt it considering he said "we play bad in buffalo" :wink2: