1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ricky Williams Hopes to Retire a Dolphin

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by SCall13, Sep 2, 2008.

1. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

2. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    i agree wholeheartedly. the issue was never him bein a turd, or menace to society. guys got a good heart.

and well, as an organization, we've been more than fair and good to him.

3. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Funny...I seem to remember him already retiring as a Dolphin...

GISH and dolphindebby like this.
  4. BwanaZulia

BwanaZulia New Member

May 12, 2008
    LOL.

Yeah, I don't get (besides Homerism) why Dolphin fans want this guy on your team. He has pissed on your franchise time and time again.

Is he back to his 2004 form? Maybe, but I doubt it.

Ricky's head has never and will never be in football. It is in the clouds of Tibet. He plays to pay off his debt and to support his kids not for the love of the game.

BZ

5. mullingan

mullingan New Grandbaby Pic!!!

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    I want him on our team and, even though I could be called a Homer, its not that. I believe in the power of people to turn thier lives around. I think Ricky has done just that. He is dedicated to playing football, yeah his quirky answers may tend to let you think otherwise, but I wholeheartedly think that if he wasn't dedicated to being a top tier RB in this league he would have been shown the door a long time ago and would never had been resigned even before the first regular season snap takes place.
    Ricky Williams has done everything to the letter in getting ready to play football and each and every person that has commented on his training camp/preseason play has had nothing but praise for his commitment.

Watch him go for 135 yds and 2 tds against the Wets this weekend!

SCall13 likes this.
  6. BwanaZulia

BwanaZulia New Member

May 12, 2008
    But how many times is he going to "turn his life around" before he doesn't?

He is a pee cup away from never playing in the NFL ever again. He has bailed on the Dolphins and prioritized pot over playing again and again and again.

You want to trust him? Go ahead, but sometimes tigers don't change their stripes.

BZ

7. mullingan

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    Ricky, has undoubtedly, been subjected to the most comprehensive drug testing the league has. There have been no incidents! Again, if the FO did not think Ricky was dedicated and has changed, there is no way he would still be a PHIN. Just look at who has been sent packing via release, trade, etc. No, Ricky Williams will play and play lights out for the PHINS this year. This is a no nonsense type of leadership in place and there is no way that they would hav resigned Ricky if they did not believe 1000% in what he was doing on and off the field.

SCall13 likes this.
  8. BwanaZulia

BwanaZulia New Member

May 12, 2008
    Actually, they resigned Ricky to this year a few weeks after the Tuna took over, so it is not like they knew or didn't how dedicated he was.

The Dolphin Fans want to BELIEVE he is dedicated, but his track record is what it is.

BZ

Samphin likes this.
  9. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

I'll put my trust in the judgment of Bill Parcells about Ricky over any Jets fan or any other poster on this or any other board. But by all means, take Ricky lightly, then we'll watch as he eats the Jests lunch in this first game. I've been predicting a close win by the Jests this weekend, but if they take Ricky lightly as some of their posters are, I'll reverse that prediction and look forward to a Dolphins win.

mullingan likes this.
  10. mullingan

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN

Ricky just signed a 1 Year extension, last week so he was "resigned" after he showed his dedication during OTA, MiniCamps, Preseason. So again. I will trust our front office on this one.

11. Ultra

Ultra Lazy

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas
    I'm glad he's back. I never had too hard of feelings about him due to his situation with social anxiety or whatever it was. Anyone who goes to a press conference with a helmet on has some issues. I hope he's gotten them taken care of and hope to see him racking up the yards for us!

12. TotoreMexico

TotoreMexico Your retarded

Jan 4, 2008
    Mexico
    :pointlol:

13. BwanaZulia

BwanaZulia New Member

May 12, 2008
    Ricky will only do his eating during a "Snack Attack".

Here is why I don't think Ricky will do too much damage:

1) He hasn't played in 2 years. Sure, he played for a half last year, or whatever, but to think all his rust was knocked off in preseason is unrealistic.

2) No deep/wr threat. No respect for TGJ and Chad hooking up on bombs, so we are going to put every available man in the box and dare Ricky to run.

3) Offensive line. They make or break running backs and I don't see talent on the Dolphins line to give him the holes he needs.

4) Age. Ricky a spring chicken. Sure he did some "healing" in Tibet, but he has also been hurt the last two years.

5) Running from behind. If the Dolphins get down (10-14 points) the running game is going to become a second thought.

Could he get a 100 yards? Blow up the 2008 season and become the rushing leader again? Sure, anything can happen. He had loads of talent back in the day, but I think that day is gone.

It will be fun to watch.

BZ

14. mullingan

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    1. Might have a little rust, but they are on fresh legs.

2. If the Jets think we have no deep threat, then good for us. Good running game with Pennington having an exceptional play action fake could = big plays in the passing game.

3. The offensive line has been blowing people up in the running game during preseason. Yeah, I know its just preseason, but this is what this line is built to do and I think they will do it well.

4. Age, can't argue with you there. Yeah he is no spring chicken and even though he doesn't have the wear and tear of most running backs his age, undoubtedly his skills must have dimished even if just a smidge. However, Ronnie Brown is still here and very very effective so we will not rely soley on Ricky to run against teams.

5. Again I agree, IF we get down 14 points things will be very tough. However, Pennington is accurate and we will make plays in the passsing game.

Gonna be a great game to watch. Finally Football season is here!!:up::knucks:

15. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    1. I'm sure it will take awhile for him to get going. But it's not like he was ever really out of shape when he wasn't playing. Sure you could say "football shape" all you want, but the guy is obviously a tank and never stopped being athletic. I doubt it takes that long for him to take that rust off.

2. No respect for Ginn? I hope you don't. That'll be a nice suprise for Mia fans to watch. Even if you don't have respect for Ginn then I hope NY stacks the box every play. We'll just run the dink and dunk to Bess and Wes Welker your team till u figure it out.

3. This one is a joke. You didnt see any holes opening up for Ronnie last year? Really? Add to last year with our addition of Long and Smiley.

4. Yea Ricky is older, but hes also seen less wear then most backs his age. He was hurt last year, but it wasnt a leg or knee issue so I dont see how that relates.

5. Running from behind hopefully won't be an issue for us.

16. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Great minds think alike mulligan.

mullingan likes this.
  17. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    Ricky Williams is 31
    Thomas Jones is 30

18. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Samphin wins this thread. As soon as I read the thread title, i was thinking the exact same thing. Mission accomplished.

Samphin likes this.
  19. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Glad to hear he hopes that. I hope we keep him around regardless of the fans opinion on him. For me, the fact is that he produces out there when he's called upon. What this team is looking for is to win games and Ricky helps us tremendously in that category imo. It will be devastating if Ricky Williams gets injured this year and is out for a long time. For those who don't want Ricky with this team, may I ask you why? Your getting one of the most talented players to ever put on pads, regardless of past struggles. He's playing at a minimum salary and I guarantee you there is very few number two backs that are as good as Ricky Williams.

mullingan likes this.