1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ricky Williams on NFL Marijuana policy

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by anlgp, Feb 6, 2014.

1. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

xphinfanx likes this.
  2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Did Ricky say that before or after his last suspension?

3. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    There's absolutely nothing healthy about marijuana. All the pot heads are using it's a natural substance excuse but the fact is you're still burning your insides smoking that ****, dehydrating your body. The NFL would be crazy to give it any real consideration.

4. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Cigarettes & nicotine should be outlawed then.

There's absolutely nothing healthy about beer either.

Check the side effects of most legal stuff before trumpeting the prohibition cause.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Tone_E and MonstBlitz like this.
  5. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Burning your insides? I'm not even sure exactly what that means, so excuse my reply in sone way.

However you are 100% wrong. First of all even though marijuana has carcinogens when you smoke, scientists were at first baffled about why marijuans only smokers have NEVER been diagnosed with lung cancer. It actually turns out that while its not "good" for your lungs specifically, in laymens terms THC is basically like an off switch to where those carcinogens aren't active in your body. Nicotine is actually an on switch, which is why it causes cancer. Well nicotine itself doesn't cause cancer, however its interplay with the carcinogens does.

On that note, scientists are actually discovering that the radiation absorbed by tobacco plants may be the major factor in causing cancer. Not the act of smokibg itself so much.

Secondly....anf this is the one that always gets people and makes them shut up (not saying I want you to shut up bro) even if you're soooo against smoking it, how do you feel about ingesting it orally? That leaves absolurely ZERO negative impact on your body

I'm not even bothering going into the actual benefits of use in this post, figured I'd just start explaining why it isnt "bad" for you

6. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Any time you are inhaling hot smoke inside your body, especially smoke that goes between 400 C to 1200 C in temperature, you are dehydrating your body and gradually making your body prune. Those are facts, no pothead can say otherwise. Science and biology says enough. If that is what Goodell wants, for players to look as old as Brett Favre by the time they reach 38, go ahead. Endorse it.

I assume eating it is much safer than smoking it. So if anything I would rather Goodell go to this option.

As far as cancer goes, it has been said that light or moderate use of marijuana does not cause cancer but heavy usage, which would be related to addicted use, has mixed reviews on lung cancer. But nevermind cancer, it can cause chronic bronchitis, causing injury to the airways of your lungs.

I just think if I am in the legal department of the NFL I would stay the hell away from this.

To me it's not even worth debating anyways because I am positive 90% of the players in the league do pot, not even Goodell is naïve to think they don't. But Goodell should not endorse it either. These players are looking for free weed when they already do it regardless if the NFL begins to distribute it or not. Just remove marijuana from the substance abuse policy and put your money in other ways to help players with head injuries.

7. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    **** the preservatives people put on food could likely strip paint off a house.

Ever had a soda, coca cola can clean a penny in minutes. If weed is bad (not saying its good) then what the hell are we doing when we walk outside and breathe the air that has how much crap in it? You think that doesnothing to your lungs?

8. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Hell, I'm the GM of KFC in Bermuda and I can tell you, chicken can kill more often than weed. :lol:

9. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Can I quote you using your full name on this?

...For science...

:shifty:

10. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    Plus that stuff will give you "REEFER MADNESS" and make you a zombie.