1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rockers take pot-shots at Guitar Hero

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by NaboCane, Jun 24, 2009.

1. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    thats it I'm removing your sig.......

Dolphin1184 and Fin D like this.
  2. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I didn't remove it, I replaced it..........stoopid.

unluckyluciano likes this.
  3. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Electric drum kits are for ******.

I know you didn't say that, but I just expanded on the idea moreso.

It's just that the generalization "play Rock Band/Guitar Hero drums and you'll be able to drum on a real kit" is just an insult to me on how I learned to play drums. Again, I know you didn't say this.... but I've heard this thrown around by multiple people (not necessarily here either) before.

4. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    How about this. It's just a game, nothing more and nothing less. But in the chance that once in a while this game encourages a kid to go down to the local guitar center and pick up a real guitar or drum kit isn't it worth it?

Anybody using this to "learn" the drums is nuts, but it certainly can pique the interest in them.

TJamesW_Phinfan likes this.
  5. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Wow...that guy should be forced to go to the NAMM convention wearing a t-shirt that says "I'm a Guitar Hero!".

What a tool.

6. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Hmm...there should be a death match between Guitar Hero people and those who participate in Air Guitar competitions...

7. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I was just thinking that I've spent the last eight years as a soldier but I can't recall one one single soldier or marine ever getting pissed about some kid talking **** about how good he is at Call of Duty or whatever. And I do think it's comparable, really the only difference is you don't play COD with a toy gun. All the more reason these rockers should lighten up a bit. It's not like it's threatening anyone's livelihood. It's helping if anything b/c these games sell music through downloadable content.

8. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Sooooo the record companies make even more money?

Unless you're Metallica or something, you're really not getting rich off of music.

9. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    what hes saying is its not hurting anyone.......jesus you have a incredible agenda against guitar hero players........wow

10. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    actually sites like napster, limewire, etc have given artists even more power in negotiations. So not is not just metallica that owns a big piece of their own music anymore. :up:

11. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008

They may not but I"m sure they enjoy the extra publicity that could lead to merchandise & concert revenue.

12. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    It exposes their music to people who otherwise might not know who they are.

Crappy Tipper likes this.
  13. TJamesW_Phinfan

TJamesW_Phinfan New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    I may be misunderstanding this but just wanted to add not all electric kits are jokes. Yamaha and Roland have some very good electric drums in their product lines. The 2 top end Rolands (TD 20 & TD 12) are very realistic in sound and feel and capability such as rim shots, rolling on cymbals, choking the cymbal, pinging the bell on the ride etc. They can be played through headphones to spare neighbors and some studios even use them for recording sessions due to volume control and ease of recording due to direct feed negating need for mics on the kit.

I played drums many years ago then switched to guitar for various reasons. Recently after playing rock band at a friends house I got the itch to pick drums up again. I am guessing that if the game reminded me of how fun drums are then maybe it might make a few people give real instruments a try opening a very enjoyable hobby. Not all will take that path but maybe a few will.

muscle979 and Crappy Tipper like this.
  14. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    This Week's Sign That The Apocalypse Is Upon Us....

Unbelievable. I'd have told him to come back when he gets some pubes.