1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roger Clemens - Alleged Affairs

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by Vengeful Odin, May 2, 2008.

1. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    So, a few days ago the story broke that Roger Clemens has had an ongoing relationship with Mindy McCready since she was fifteen.

If that wasn't enough, now there's a new story circulating that Roger had an affair with Paulette Dean Daly, wife of golfer John Daly.

And the douchebaggery of Roger Clemens continues ...

2. DonShula84

DonShula84 Moderator Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    Bet he's wishing he hadnt gone after McNamee now lol. Nice to see Angel games were helping him get some though ;)

3. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Guys has to go down in history as one of the most arrogant, idiotic human beings to ever live. He knew he took steriods or HGH or whatever, and he knows he's been cheating on his wife for years and he starts filing lawsuits against people in civil court? He had to know this type of dirt digging was going to ensue. What a moron. He could have just admitted to using HGH or whatever after the Mitchell Report came out, those that have admitted to it have been treated fairly by fans and the media. Instead he mounts this silly defense, lies to Congress, lies to the courts and fires back with lawsuits. All he had to do was come clean but instead hes destroyed his image, his HOF career and maybe now his marriage. Karma is a merciless ***** Mr. Clemens.

charlestonphan and Ronnie Bass like this.
  4. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I'm not sure why anyone is surprised about this with Clemens. Clemens is the type of guy that would push his grandma in front of a moving bus so he could pick up a random $20 bill that was on the ground.

If he (and his lawyer) wasn't so stupid none of this would have ever come to light.

I do however feel bad for his children as I'm sure this is probably hard on them.

5. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    yeah, the children are probably going through some stuff this past week and more. but espically this past week...divorce isnt something money can fix

6. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    I agree that most of this, if not all of it, is brought on by Clemens's arrogance, particularly his testimony regarding the Mitchell report. He's long been known as a "hired gun" in baseball, with his services available to the highest bidder. It's not surprising to me to see his personal life drug through the mud as a result of refusing to admit he had been caught.

It is sad to see his children have to go through this. On the bright side, most of them are older, which should make it easier on them.

7. charlestonphan

charlestonphan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    not for him, but i'll bet his wife thinks diffrently these days. when she takes him to the cleaners, i bet it will fix alot of things in her eyes.

this sucks for her and the kids.

i am still just trying to comprehend the hubris it takes on Clemens part to do what he has recently done trying to defend himself, knowing full well the skeletons in his closet.

and just how many people knew about this affair with McCready when she was underage?

8. charlestonphan

charlestonphan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    they arent that old, are they? the oldest is out of high school and playing minor league ball. but the rest are still school aged i thought.

plus, imagine how crushing it is to learn that pretty much your whole family life growing up was a lie. and your dad the sports idol and family man was not who you thought he was at all.

being teens, his kids are more capable of understanding this, which probably makes it even harder for them.