1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ronnie Brown’s soft hands an underused weapon: Miami Dolphins talking points

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, Aug 11, 2009.

1. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    The odds of being injured on the kick return is such a small number... I remember someone coming up with the number once, either CK, KB, and Boomer... It was a lot less than 1%, if I remember correctly.

2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    getting him the football via the pass is part of why projecting him into an MVP type season has real possibilities.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    I have always thought that Ronnie Brown is one of the best pass catching RunningBacks in the league. We need to get him the ball more this season. I know Miami runs a two back system, but I would really love it if we just give Ronnie the majority of the carries.
    Maybe something like 17-25 carries for Ronnie and 10-15 carries for Ricky.

4. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    one... that doesn't support your statement very well. :no:

5. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    It wasnt a matter of wising up. The line was still badly out of sorts week 1 and week 2, and Cameron had just gotten done trying to break Brown of his indecisiveness(Which included putting him on return duty). Working Brown so hard on decisiveness, then running him immediately into the backs of his line would have been counter productive, which is why Chatman got the snaps he did early on. Cameron, for all his faults, knew what he was doing with Brown and by far and away got the best out of him than any other offensive guy we have had. Its the same kind of barking up the wrong tree that went on with "OMG why is Porter playing DE?!"

djphinfan likes this.
  6. orangefinfan

orangefinfan New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Speaking of running over DB's...Who was the DB Ronnie ran over against the Raiders at the goal line? Hopefully it wasn't Gibril.

7. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I don't agree. I recall Cam specifically saying that Chatman was just as effective as Brown and that he expected them to split carries all season. I think he actually said the carries would probably end up 50/50.

I think that RB just isn't a great practice player so new coaches see him as good but not special. After a couple of games Cam realized that RB was much more effective than Chatman. After that Cam did use RB more effectively than any other coach has, but IMO it took him a couple of games to realize how special RB was/is.

8. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I don't think it was. I'm picturing a CB not a S.

orangefinfan likes this.
  9. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I think Ronnie ran over B.J. Sams.

orangefinfan likes this.
  10. orangefinfan

orangefinfan New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    I have had that question since we signed him but have been to lazy to look or ask. :yes:

11. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    The play on the Raiders DB is 2 minutes into it. The whole thing is freakin' awesome! Ronnie is the s---!!!! ;):D:D
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQlPhDLNnYU&feature=related"]YouTube - The Best Of Ronnie Brown[/ame]

12. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Ronnie is my favorite player on the team, and he has good hands for a RB. but, im not sure if it can be contributed to him rehabing his knee and not focusing on other things, or the fact that he wasnt used in the passing game as much so he was less focused, but he dropped quite a few balls last year. more then he should easily. hes shown great hands at the RB position in the past, so i think it was more of a focus issue last year.

hopefully they do give him more opps in the passing game, i would like to see him with over 1500+ total yards next year.

13. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Ronnie has excellent hands, I really do hope we see more passes his way.