1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ronnie Brown heeds rehab warnings from fellow backs

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CrunchTime, Jul 2, 2008.

1. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    There is more....NFL players who give advice on how to comeback from an injury

http://www.miamiherald.com/588/story/590340.html

[​IMG]

2. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I don't think Ronnie is dumb enough to ignore rehab. I also don't think our coaches are dumb enough to not make sure hes doing all the rehab he needs to be doing. Nobody's rushing him back.

The recovery time is def not the same time for everyone. Also, a complete tear of all 3 ligaments is also diff in terms of recovery than a partial (which I believe Ronnie had).

He'll take his time and let Ricky take the bulk for as long as he has to. No rush Ronnie, come back whenever your ready and 100%.

DOLPHAN1 and CrunchTime like this.
  3. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I think Beck took that crown from him.

Bingo. We know what he can do, and he knows what he can do. The question is whether or not he's healthy enough to do it. He knows what's at stake, and he's not an idiot. Not a big deal here.

And let the morons call him a bust. It'll motivate him further.

4. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    have there ever been a pair of Pro Bowl runningbacks on the same team? 2009 it could happen.

5. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    hey! leave the mormons out of this!! :D

6. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I think its definately important for Brown to not rush back, We need him for the next couple of years, so theres no sense in rushing him back, especially if Ricky is here and healthy. Get him some action early, but don't give him the full load until probably the midway part of the season depending on how he feels.

CrunchTime likes this.
  7. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I think there is a lot of pressure on Brown. Or at least perceived pressure from the new regime. While they can look at film and see what he can do, the real question is can he get past the injury bug and move on from here. At least that's what I think the new regime is asking.

I also like most of us here would rather see Ricky take most of the carries early in the season. We know from repeated history that coming back from an ACL tear takes at least a full year (not a full season, but a full calendar year). That full year will be a till what November.

CrunchTime likes this.
  8. Crunkcore

Crunkcore The Crunk One

Jun 17, 2008
    Its great that he's getting advice from players who's had that happen to them. He's a hard worker, i'm sure he's going to keep rehabbing it and listen to the doctors and coaches. Hopefully they ease him in next year. They saw he has pro bowl talent, they're not going to rush him back hopefully.

CrunchTime likes this.
  9. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

i know Ricky is a sore subject for some fans, but i think a healthy and motivated Ricky will go along way to the recovery and development of Ronnie. i would be happy with each getting about 800 yards each with Ronnie taking the bulk of the load by the end of the year. it could launch him into an incredible year next year.

PhinsRock likes this.
  10. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Bingo, very well put, my thoughts exactly. :up: :hi5: