1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ronnie Brown is the key to our success!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolfan4Life, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Dolfan4Life

Dolfan4Life BostonStrong

May 3, 2008
    Germany
    Ronnie Brown and the running game is the key to our success! If we can't run the ball successful and have to put the game in Penningtons hand we won't win many games this year! He won't/can't throw the vertical ball deep and the opponents know that, that hurt our passing game dramatic!

Splits By Opponent G Att Yds Avg Lng TD 1st

Arizona Cardinals 1 11 25 2.3 11 1 3 LOSS

Baltimore Ravens 1 13 27 2.1 13 0 2 LOSS

Houston Texans 1 13 50 3.8 7 1 3 LOSS

New England Patriots 1 17 113 6.6 62 4 6 WIN

New York Jets 1 6 23 3.8 7 0 1 LOSS

San Diego Chargers 1 24 125 5.2 13 1 10 WIN

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

uh people say pennington can't throw deep. he hit an absolute bomb to patrick cobbs out of the wildcat formation versus houston. I know there was no one around him and all he basically had to do was get it there with a little bit of touch on it but it was a deep pass. the criticism isn't that he can't it's just how often he can.

with that being said the run game is key to any team. you have to run to pass if that makes sense. if any team knows you're passing they'll just bring out nickel and dime formations and drop back in pass coverage with the lineman rushing your QB. I will agree with you that we are def. a run strong team.

3. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    anyone can hit a wide open receiver 30 yards downfield. ANYONE!!!

the arm strength questions with Pennington are in regard to his ability to throw lasers into tight coverage down the field. Sometimes you need to throw the ball with a high velocity to keep from getting picked off, or getting your WR hurt. Thats what Pennington can't do.

4. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

any NFL QB who is legitimately earning his paycheck should. and pennington did.

my point is that people complain about him wrong. like i said. it's not that he can't throw deep (the OP said he can't throw deep it said nothing about "into coverage"). i don't care if the guy was wide open or not he still hit him. in coverage that's another thing. and you're right. but there are other QBs who can't do that as well that start and he's not the only one and they may be less accurate than pennington.

anyway as to the original topic I think the run game is key to our success. Not only do we have to run to keep the defense honest but every time we pass I feel a little nervous. I know the players don't but it's just not our strong side. We have two (three w/cobbs?) quality backs and pounding the ball down the throats of our oppenents is our way to the end zone.

I will say that it seems pennington and our offense can move the chains when they need to. I remember yesterdays game BMORE had just scored and penny took us all the way from our end down to theirs in a couple of plays.

5. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    I don't think it's our Running game as bad as our Pass Defense. It's awefull. I would like to see ronnie get more touches. He can catch the ball out of the backfield.

6. Zod

Zod Ruler of the Universe

Nov 25, 2007
    The Dolphins have one of the worst secondaries in the NFL. It seems the farther the distance the opposition has to achieve on the 3rd down, the more likely they are to get it.

7. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Opponets also know we have a terrible receiving core, its not all on Pennington's head and our troubles are not only with the passing game.

This is still a team in transistion and in a rebuild. There are still players that need to be aquired and positions that need to be filled to make this a good team. There is plenty of reasons and fault or blame to go around as to why we are losing rather than pointing the finger at one person and saying he is the cause and replacing him will be the cure.

I hate to imagine putting Henne in and him struggling, and making mistakes due to a weak supporting cast. Then we start hearing Henne is not the answer and we need to take a QB, (put in name) in the first round of the 2009 draft but that is JMO.