1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ronnie Brown: signs 1-year deal w/ Eagles

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Vinny Fins, Aug 2, 2011.

1. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    I love Ronnie as a person, but he became a real ball 'n chain for this offense last year and left a lot of yards on the field. I don't see how a younger Lex or Thomas with plenty of tread won't be an upgrade in all aspects of the game.

2. skippysphins

skippysphins Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2007
    the poconos
    Wishing ronnie the best of luck

3. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Wow...the Eagles are making some serious moves this off season. Brown gives Reid another toy to play with. I expect him to do well there.

Yeah, sorry to see RB go, but I'm just glad it wasn't to NE.

4. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Yea...MUCH better to be 7-9 and watching the playoffs.

DolfanJake likes this.
  5. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    It's an organization that actually gets it. RB will used properly for once and Sparano & co. will be hanging their jaws open, drooling thinking to themselves, "geeez never thought you can play him like that".

The frustration continues.....

6. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Would love for us to have a shot at an AFC Championship. Will probably be on SSI before that happens.

7. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    No, its our coaching situation. Drew Rosenhaus called it, and its come true. No one is really willing to come here because they aren't sure if this crew will be here next year or not. Biggest name they took on offense had to be traded for. The qb they tried to trade for made unreasonable contract demands that nixed the trade because as bad as his situation is in Denver, he knows he's still the best QB on their roster. If he gets cut, its possible he comes here, but will he still demand a high salary ? Who knows, but I know I would. I would want extra cash & extra years on a contract, much of it guaranteed so that if we stink and I am miserable, at least I am being paid for it.

Rah-rah people won't like that answer, but its pretty much the truth as I, and others see it.

8. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    Ronnie Brown gave us 4 solid seasons. That's about right for an NFL RB.

He's our third all time leading rusher.

What did you people expect from him?

9. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    At some point even the rah-rah crowd should acknowledge that either Ireland is doing an awful job, or that what Rosenhaus said IS true. Its one or the other.....

But I won't hold my breath, they seem oblivious to all and live blissfully in their goody-goody world where anyone who dares to criticize the organization in the least, is a traitor, a no good Benedict Arnold, a secret Jets fan, or just a [sarcastic urban mode on] hater [/sarcastic urban mode off]. Dolphin rah-rah people have the thickest blinders in the NFL.

Pagan likes this.
  10. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Great, so if you're right, thats not a guy I want on my team anyways. I don't believe in coughing up high picks and players and then a ridiculous contract for a player at QB who still isn't going to be "the guy" needed to get the job done. People can ***** and moan about it all they want that we didnt pull off the deal for Orton, but... in your negativity towards the team and the front office, did you ever maybe stop to think that they're not comfortable giving up that much for a guy who you still wouldn't build the future of your franchise around? The media can take this and run with it as far as they want about our FO doing a poor job handling this because it's a good story for them to run, but at the end of the day, its really not a bad decision at all being made by the FO in my opinion. Neither is not bringing any real competition for Henne either though FWIW. Giving up the farm for Orton to create competition for Henne still does nothing though to solve the long term QB problem that Miami will still be faced with moving forward.

11. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Because this man is running our FO.

bozo-the-clown-adult-costume.jpg

12. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    And we don't have that kind of money ? We can't afford a million dollar contract on our own player ? :lol:

13. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    I know Thomas must be better than Ronnie, he's a 2nd round pick of the Dolphins.....we know those always work out beautifully don't we ?

:pity:

14. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    To probably be resigned and used properly for a change.

15. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Well actually I am happy they didn't do it - I am not one that thinks Orton would be our savior. But I do blame them for being in the position that they had to waste time going after Orton, and not other pieces to help Henne on the offense.

It was clearly apparent that when they didn't draft a QB in April, they were going to go with Henne. IMO the whole Orton thing was a dog & pony show. I don't think they were totally in on getting Orton, but were doing a show & tell with him, to maybe make goody goody with Ross & possibly the fanbase. Show them we are trying, no matter how half-hearted it actually is. Remember they still held all the cards in the fact that even if they strike a deal with Orton & Denver, they have to say YES in the end or it doesn't happen. They could pull back at any moment. Lets face it, Orton doesn't bring much more to the Dolphins than what we have in Henne. Yes he is less of an interception magnet, but still he's never set the world on fire. I will always wonder if all this Orton business was more of a show than real substance.

brandon27 likes this.
  16. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I think our FO was legitimately interested. I don't think Denver was however. I also won't blast the FO for not drafting a QB, if they didn't feel there was a QB worthy of a high pick. Could they end up being wrong on that evaluation? Yes. But I think its foolhardy, at this point (with none of the drafted QBs taking an NFL snap yet) to say they made a mistake by not spending a pick on a QB.

17. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Fair enough, but that's alot of assumptions. I think they were interested to at least find out what Orton's demands for a contract were. If it wasnt much, you'd have seen them pull the trigger for some competition for Henne. At the kind of money Orton wants though, you just can't do that. Again, IMO, its a good move by the FO, that's getting torn to shreds by the media for their own purposes.

As for Ronnie, they just had to make their choice of getting Bush to add speed and a new dynamic to the offence, and then roll with the rookie in Thomas, who they probably feel is similar to Ronnie, just hopefully without the injury history. You have to take that chance on replacing a player when you draft one. That's why they drafted Thomas, they apparently had no intent on bringing Ronnie back. All we can do is wait and see with Thomas.