1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ronnie Brown to be ready for camp.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 1, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Dolphins head coach Tony Sparano said he still expects Ronnie Brown to be ready for camp.

"We'll see how the thing goes right now but I think in our minds Ronnie should be ready for training camp," Sparano said. We've heard nothing to suggest the contrary this offseason.
    Source: Miami Herald
    http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
    Superself and alen1 like this.
  2. Finrunner

Finrunner Season Ticket Holder

Dec 11, 2007
    I haven't heard anything to the contrary either, and I fully expect him to be ready for camp.

The big issue here to me is that all the time you hear folks, even people that have had the injury, say that it takes two years before you're really healed both physically and mentally. So when we see Ronnie in training camp, are we seeing Ronnie at 70% of himself? 65%? 80%? 95%? Or will we see a guy who's not worried about the injury and is going full speed, having lost none of it that he had before.

My answer to all that is that I don't know. But I will be happy to see 2-3 back in our backfield.

3. Ducken

Ducken Luxury Box Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    Lower Delaware
    That would be outstanding as long as he is ready. The worst thing they could do is rush him back. We have RW who will be ready from the get go, provided no injuries, and IMO he will be enough to carry the load until RB is ready. I would be so pissed if RB is rushed and that sets him back for a longer period of time of even permanently affects him for the rest of his career. If I am going to make a mistake it is going to be too cautious and keep him out a game or two when he his ready.

4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Glad to hear, thanks ATVZ.

5. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    Thanks for the info yea my son will be ready to run over some people this year cant wait.

But really I hope we dont rush him back I would rather him 100 precent for sure then be rushed into trianing camp

6. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    i think they should ease him back have ricky and whoever we may draft to carry the load while giving ronnie some carries until he get reaclimated to the game

7. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    I'd rather count on Ronnie with a rehabed knee before I'd ever count on a flake like Ricky.

8. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    good news here. I sure hope he comes back as the player he was when he went down last year, just running all over guys and I hope we use him in a similar fashion. let him run wild, throw in some screens, just get him the ball!

9. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Thats great to hear.