1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ronnie Brown wants to “go get a championship”

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Topdawg13, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Topdawg13

Topdawg13 New Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Indiana
    -Link-

2. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    he's going to the patriots or worse the Jets. I just know it. I just know it.

Remember when he carried 9 jets players 9 yards for a first down? ugh

Aquafin and Puka-head like this.
  3. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Lets hope the somewhere warm is true as that would be out of our division.

4. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Always knew this would be the case. He will probably go to San Diego, or New England and end our season with a 200 yard game.

5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Why would he go to NE?

6. Hurricane

Hurricane Guest

**** him.

Pats just drafted Vereen and still have a million backs; he wont go there.

I'm guessing Colts or Eagles.

7. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Philadelphia isn't warm to my knowledge.

8. Hurricane

Hurricane Guest

9. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Why say F-him? He wants to win and the Dolphins really haven't done that for a while. Plus, maybe the Dolphins don't want him. Put yourself in his shoes, what would you do?

10. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I was referring to his comment about wanting to go to a place warm. I assume he's talking about the climate.

11. Hurricane

Hurricane Guest

I'd do the same thing if I were him.

I'm not, though, I'm a fan. I want to win a championship.

12. Hurricane

Hurricane Guest

Oh lol. What is he 80? We'll see how long that holds up when a few more millions are put in front of him.

13. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    The fact that he says he wants to play in warm weather turns me off, translation is he isnt comfortable in cold weather....whatever.....he is a football player.....at some point in the future IF Miami ever makes the playoffs, they will without fail have to play in a cold weather environment, and he will be useless.....

Just sign Ricky back, and letting Ronnie go, this guy wont haunt Miami, his pitter patter mentaility will get swallowed up by Miami front 7......

14. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    1) I'm willing to bet most players would rather play somewhere warm.
    2) You guys don't have to do your usual "turn on him because he dares to not just retire a dolphin at 29" bull****. Jesus, if we don't offer the guy enough or anything then what the hell should he do? Expecting him to not do whats best for him is childish.

15. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    I like Ronnie Brown. But I don't want him back for one simple reason: I don't think he's good enough at this point in his career. Here's a good quote from KC Joyner (who I think writes some things based on useless stats, but in this case I think is completely true):

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors/_/date/20110627
    He just doesn't make enough out of good blocking. He doesn't seem to able to get that chunk yardage when given the opportunity like a good back. This is why I'll be satisfied if he leaves. I wouldn't be too worried about him going to a rival either. He doesn't seem much of a threat IMO.

16. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    He is just retorting to this regime's coolness to him.

Its all about contract negotiation stances IMO.

Aquafin likes this.
  17. steveincolorado

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    When healthy, I know he's had some injuries, but Ronnie is a damn good back. He runs over LB's, he's top 5 in blitz pickups, he took a 1mil pay cut last year and didn't say 1 bad thing to the media about it. Ronnie has only 6 seasons of wear and he's got a good 4/5 years left.
    Can't pay him the big $$, because of the injuries, but he's better than Ricky at this point. Ricky IMO, is nothing more than a average back.

Again, when healthy, he's a damn good power back.

Puka-head and finyank13 like this.
  18. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Yeah I can't blame a guy for wanting to win, and God knows that's more than likely not going to happen here. See this ties into my argument that Miami is not a very attractive landing place for FA's.

19. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    I for one am not against RB, I actually like RB the guy; I dont like the football player, his style doesnt fit in Miami. Miami needs a guy who grabs the handoff and hits the hole. He plays like LT, in that he waits for an establish hole, or pull to open, then goes.....thing is he isnt as quick as LT.....I think Ahmad Bradshaw is a better option, and can be had for the same money or close to it....

But if he were to leave to get a championship hey I can dig that, after all thats what they all play the game for....

JT comparsions in 3, 2, 1........

20. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Exactly, its the same stupid mentality that went bonkers over LeBron James. James was a FA and decided to come to Miami. Why does anyone get on his case about it ? Same thing here. He wants to win, and I don't blame him. I used to hate JT for doing this, but have come around to him and if he can get a ring with the Jets, so be it, thats because Miami sucked azz for so many years and never won with him here, I wish him luck elsewhere.

21. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    People hate LeBron because of the way he went about it.

steveincolorado likes this.
  22. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    I really don't care at this point whether Ronnie Brown stays here or not. One thing that always cracks me up is when fans say you better keep him or he'll end up going to NE and he'll beat us.
    You don't keep a guy to keep him from another team. That don't happen in the real world. Anyways Ronnie was never anything special. He won't be missed.

23. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Why all these fear over Ronnie Brown?

Ronnie is part of the problem , not the solution.

He has been mediocre his entire career, save for some breakout games in 2007 when the team was 1-15 and he had no pressure to carry the team.. Factor in his injury history and I just can't comprehend how people fear he will go to the Jets or Patriots and kill another Dolphin season.. He doesn't have the pedigree of LT who proved he still had gas in the tank for the Jets last year.

So long Ronnie. See you in the Dolphin Hall of Fame right next to Chris Chambers and Randy McMichael.

24. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Where he plays, he lives, and maybe he doesnt want to walk to the bank, or go to the store in a cold weather state. Just because he says he wants to play somewhere warm, doesnt mean he is less of a football player. He has a family as well.

I hate how when a dolphin player (who has said he wants to stay) might not be re-signed (not at the fault of said player) some fans rip the guy......

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Aquafin and steveincolorado like this.
  25. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Sure...they give Super Bowl rings to players on Injured Reserve, so yeah, it's feasible for him.

Aquafin likes this.
  26. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    More feasible than on the Dolphins roster.....

DolfanJake likes this.
  27. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Ouch.

28. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    His breakout season had nothing to do with lacking pressure to carry the team. His breakout season had to do with the fact that Cam Cameron, despite doing very few other things right that year, was able to utilize him and use him correctly, something no other coach during his time here (including, ironically, the coach who drafted him) have done. So yeah, him going to another team and actually playing well.... there's a very legit chance of him doing that.

So you know what

29. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    100 yard games in NE my ***. The guy will lucky to get 10 carries with the stable of backs they have. They have 5 (FIVE!) backs on their roster right now.

I still don't get why Ronnie Brown in a Dolphins uniform is so bonerific to fans. The guy is not that good. He's the only thing this team had when it was a ****hole and I think that's why fans are so emotionally attached to him.

30. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I'm sure of that.

31. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I think BenJarvus Green-Ellis is an OK back. He's not as talented as Ronnie Brown, no, but I think he could've matched his production.

32. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    That's nice and all but where do you see him on that team? Belichick has to cut a back already to make room. He has Ridley, Woodhead, BJGE, Vareen and Faulk on his roster. Faulk's probably gone but the others? No point in signing Brown.

33. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

It's pretty simple to me! The second he is not wearing a Dolphins uniform. F him.......

34. Ozzy

By all means, I hope he does whats best for him. But I only root for a team, not players all across the NFL. Once he is gone to another team he plays for the enemies. I won't root against him if he is not in the AFC East (unless he plays us) but if he is, I'll be pulling for him to have a terrible season.

35. Ozzy

No it doesn't!

It's the exact opposite of your theory! If he is not in Miami next year it will be because someone offered him more, and that Miami does not want him back for big money!

36. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

I'm on the fence with Brown. The injuries have really held him back but when he's 100%, he is fun to watch.

37. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    hey guys I think we all are way too hard players, how about we rip the coach or the prospective coordinators for taking Ronnie out in critical situations and running something that deffenses are prepared to stop and unfortunately they do.

I dont see how Lex is all that great he hasn't done anything note worthy.

if I had the power this is how I might go about it.
    use Ronnie and Thomas in the back field and run 3 wr sets.

I would keep Ronnie , Cobbs, Polite and Thomas and focus on letting Thigpen go and bring in two other qbs and have a real qb compitition and hope that Chad fires it up and wins the job.

38. steveincolorado

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    If we lose Ronnie and he goes to NE, he will be by far their best RB. I don't care if the have 5 RB's now, a couple will get cut. Ronnie has a place in these league for a while.

I think a people don't like him because he's not Barry Sanders, Chris Johnson, but as a power back, he's still one of the best in this league. Power backs are not going to have the great stats, and that's were stats don't tell the story.

39. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    To bad hes not good enough to help us go get a championship

40. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Just because hes strong does not mean hes a power back. That would require him to break tackles, and we know Ronnie doesnt even break arm tackles most of the time.