1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ronnie on the Sirius Blitz with Adam and Rich

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by The Aqua Crush, Oct 13, 2009.

1. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    To Paraphrase what i can remember...

On the mentality pre-game and the talk prior...

- they take it one game at a time. Just thought about buffalo, then same thing wanted to just focus and prep for the jets. Knew they were a proud group with swagger and some good players but realized they do some things on D that they could predict and be ready for to create opportunities.

On Throwing (rich said he has a qb percentage better than him for his career haha.)

- Plays around in practice and sees guys throw lots. Used to play baseball growing up but never played qb before.

On the Wildcat and media and people around the NFL who call it a "gimmick"

- Doesn't phase them. They realize it works for the Miami Dolphins and thats all they care about. It allows the phins to change momentum, create different looks for the opposing D. If it ain't broke don't fix it. They know anyone's performance will be opinioned by others but they can't control that, for them it's all about what works for them. THey have fun doing it, it's productive so it would make no sense not to run it.

On How he is the best manager of the wildcat, other teams have tried but no one runs the formation like he does

- He said his success and running of the formation really only comes down to practice. He said they put so much time into running it he feels comfortable running it. Just like Peyton is so good at the 2 min offense, it's because Peyton puts more time into practicing it than anyone else. Same concept with Ronnie running the wildcat. (interesting perspective but very logical)

On the last drive

- Henne really did what was asked of him and he wasn't suprised. The coaches and players have an expectation of Chad, as does Chad of himself and he really made some plays that the team expected him to make. No suprise. Chad put him in position, they knew they needed to score. One focus going into this game and emphasized on that drive was finishing games. They weren't looking to tie, on third n goal everyone knew they had to bring it to get 7, it was a goal they had to close a game out, something they knew they weren't good at this season. Everyone stepped up the whole drive to get them in position. The line was determined to get their blocks and he was determined to get in the endzone and finish this game off.

On the oline

- They really work as a unit. Go to dinners together, hang out together, they play with a bit of chip on their shoulders and are executing on the field to open up holes for the backs. Protecting Henne really well.

On the bye week

- Really emphasized that he is just going to take it easy (the whole team) to make sure they heal up and take advantage of the time off to clear up any lingering body issues so their all healthy coming out of the bye. Couple practices but not doing much other than rest.

On the upcomming schedule

- Only focused on the saints. Tough team and they have to prepare as much as they can. they could care less about the next two game after that. One game at a time, use the bye week to mentally prepare for the saints.

On Ted Ginn

- Knew the jets woudl try to load the box, bring lots of pressure fronts, so going into the game they knew they would have a couple moments to go downfield and that it would give Teddy the opportunity and he made a gamechanging play by getting behind the secondary with his speed and hauling in a crucial 7 points for the team when they desperatley needed the points. Really happy for him and knows he'll be getting many more opportunities moving forward.

That's about all. Smiley was on earlier but i missed it :no: I thought it really stood out that Ronnie was extremely professional and well mannered when talking about the Jests and the trash talk stuff. He gave them credit where credit was due and didn't take any shots, which also makes me happy. We don't need guys to get into that stuff. Conduct off the field is important too and ronnie exemplified a stand up impressive attitude. He's a hell of a back we have. Can't wait to see this guy resigned. :up:

brandon27, DaFish, SeanP and 16 others like this.
  2. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Thanks for sharing

The Aqua Crush likes this.
  3. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    thanks for the info

4. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    I think Ronnie is a very very good player, not a super star IMHO. having said that, there is no doubt he is the perfect guy for our current system. Couple that with his personality and how do you not lock this guy up for another 4 or 5 years?

5. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    As far as production goes this year, he has very similar stats to AP. One TD behind. Same ypc. Just a few less touches and overall yards. If he isn't in the top 3 for all running back categories by years end i would be suprised.

I'm fully ready to call ronnie a superstar. But your right either way he needs to be locked up.

6. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    With Cobbs being out for the year, especially with a torn ACL, it's my opinion we'd be committing franchise suicide not to resign him.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were talks during the bye, and they give him some (EDIT: EXTRA) motivation to run all over the Saints in two weeks.

7. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    I guess I have an issue with Ronnie not being a homerun hitter. He is going to win us games with the 3 yards and a cloud of dust method. He is never going to be a game breaker (IMO). Once again, having said that, Ronnie is the perfect back for what we are doing right now. For that matter Ricky Williams is also a perfect fit.