1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rookie Lymon happy for chance

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, May 3, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    First practice begins at 10:15 a.m., with an afternoon session at 3:30 p.m.

The former Purdue player, signed as an undrafted rookie free agent, had been a starting wide receiver at Purdue until legal troubles cost him his collegiate career. A year ago last March, he was stabbed in the chest during a brawl outside a club and charged with several offenses. Then, in November, he was kicked off the team two days after being arrested for drunken-driving.

“I feel like my talent wasn’t in question, but I know my character was going to be an issue,” said Lymon, 21. “The NFL has come down on guys getting in a little trouble and there’s no doubt I got into some trouble.”

The Dolphins definitely saw talent. He had 73 catches for 1,030 yards in two seasons. But they also must have seen something in Lymon’s potential to turn around his troubles.

He pleaded guilty to all of the charges against him: disorderly conduct, providing false information and underage alcohol consumption stemming from the brawl, and one count of driving under the influence.

He was sentenced to 90 days’ house arrest and 15 months’ probation. He knows the Dolphins have gambled on him and he hopes to pay dividends in the fall.

link to rest of story
    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/...chance.html?cxntfid=blogs_inside_the_dolphins

2. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Hopefully he can turn it around for himself. Glad we just picked him up as an undrafted free agent and didnt burn a pick on him though thats for sure. If he can work hard and make the team and stay out of trouble... hey good for him. Mess it up this time though... and I hope he at least got an education while at Purdue :up:

3. SuncoastFinsFan

SuncoastFinsFan Banned

Apr 12, 2008
    Come on, now. Be positive. Many of us were knuckleheads in college. As he said, he's lost alot. He's seen first-hand what making bad judgements can cost you. If he's learned from it, not only could he be a good player for us (at a position we sorely need good players) but he could be a nice mentor to others who come through here with a checkered past. I am really pulling for this kid.

And if he makes it, we can move Derek Hagan from the end of the bench to the end of the waiver wire.

4. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    He has a great chance of making the team.

5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Really? With Wilford, Ginn, Camarillo, Hagan and now Bess coming along? I think he could end up on the PS.

6. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

being out of FB for the past year, it might not be a bad thing for him to be on the PS. maybe he can turn himself around like Cris Carter did. maybe even be a productive player eventually. he certainly is saying the right things here as well as owning his responsibility.

alen1 likes this.
  7. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I agree, which is why I figure he could end up on the PS before the active roster.

8. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    It's npt Ginn, Wilford, or Hagan he has to worry about. It's Tab Perry, David Kircus, Marcell Reece, and Davone Bess. That's his main competition.