1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rookie Pat White misfires in Miami Dolphins' practice

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Silverphin, May 19, 2009.

1. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    fat chance :no:

2. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    No, based on write ups on the single wing, it's use and reasoning behind why teams move the QB to an area where they will be out of the way. That's exactly what we did with Pennington, get him out of the way. A dual threat QB dosen't need to be hidden out of the way. He's supposed to be the focus of the Single Wing IF you have a QB like that.

For instance Texas didn't regularly put Vince Young at WR in the single wing, he was used behind Center because he was a double threat QB and tucking him in at WR was unnecessary. That's the type of QB Pat White is supposed to be as well correct?

Miami tucked Pennington to the side because he's slow as molasses and couldn't run the Wildcat behind Center to save his life. He in essence just watched the play leaving us with a 10-11 play. That's why they wanted a Pat White type correct?

I still believe that this guy is going to be more of a slash type player. (Is that opinion really considered bashing?)
    They are going to attempt and move him anywhere possible. This latest package hints at that IMO. The comments by the coach that they are looking at him to be a FT QB is nothing more than lip service. Coaches say things all the time to put out disinformation so I don't know why this time would be such a surprise.

Don't know why it seems that you're very sensitive on this issue.

3. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Why don't we all just label Pat White a Bust, then if he succeeds we can all be pleasantly surprised? Come to think of it why don't we name all of the new Rookies Busts and then when they make it we can all be thrilled and excited? :knucks: :wink2:

4. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    He will be taking direct snaps, just wait and see, only the first practice. He will line up in many different spots, that's what makes him so dangerous.

5. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    I agree, we will see White line up as the QB in the Wildcat, he will add another dimension to the Cat.

I think he will line up in many spots (wr, RB, QB etc..)

6. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    One step at a time bro... is being taught the qb position first.. the fancy stuff will come later.

my apologies sir, I was harsh.

7. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Dont worry Tiki, that will NEVER happen.