1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roquan Smith

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Redwine4all, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Carmen Cygni

Carmen Cygni Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Well, that's our philosophy - an aggressive attacking DL mentality whose first read is pass and rush the QB.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    lol..thats some funny sh## right there.

danmarino likes this.
  3. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    I would generally agree, I don't really want a DT at 11 or in round 1, even barring a trade back. It just reeks of replacing Suh, and that's not a burden I want to put on a first rounder. In round 2 though, Hurst starts to become a crushing value - dude is a baller. We have bigger needs, but that could be a steal. Round 3 he is way to valuable - it's just playing percentages at that point.

I do agree about Lamar and seeing 5 QBs go in the top 12-15 picks. Teams are going to say their piece now, but when push comes to shove ... are the Giants REALLY passing on Darnold? Are the Bills REALLY not going to strike for QB 4 (whomever it is). Is Arizona REALLY not going after someone? And once the top 4 go, and Jackson gets snagged by someone early ... you are looking at teams with aging and retirement looming QBs in the bottom of the first fighting for Rudolph, Lauletta. Are those first round guys? No. But could an early run cause teams to "rush" the picks and continue the run? Crazier things happen. I'm pumped for madness!

Hoops likes this.
  4. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    I really hope this happens. We could trade AZ their pick and their 2nd and a fifth and still get a top ten quality pick and another top 40 if the QB feeding frenzy happens

texanphinatic and Redwine4all like this.
  5. Carmen Cygni

Dec 30, 2017
    I don't think Smith gets past the 49ers at #9. Saleh is trying to build Seattle's D scheme in San Fran which is also evident by their acquisition of Sherman.

Smith is a perfect fit at Will in that defense.

6. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    While the LoB got a lot of the credit, Bobby Wagner deserves HUGE props for his role in that defense.

Puka-head and Carmen Cygni like this.
  7. Carmen Cygni

Dec 30, 2017
    Certainly, and their DL did a lot of dirty work to keep that LB unit clean, too. Great scheme.

Dol-Fan Dupree likes this.
  8. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    They need LB badly with Foster's legal troubles as well, just some added impetus. I think a brutal stretch would see Derwin go to Tampa, Edmunds go to Chicago and Smith go to San Fran. At that point, we should probably work the phones for a trade down unless Rosen is still floating around (or we have a secret crush on lamar).

Carmen Cygni and Hoops like this.
  9. Hoops

Hoops Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2016
    we need nelson to break in there 6 to 8. and or ward otherwise we need to be content with vea at 11

10. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    I've been in the Edmunds camp and still am if they go D, However..............

I seriously now want to over draft Lamar Jackson @ 11. F it all. :D

With that said,
    What are your guys thoughts on Mason Rudolph? Not saying I want to take him. Just curious to see your opinions. Thx

11. Fin-O

Fin-O Initiated Club Member

Sep 28, 2015
    Kind of unsettling when we were the 25th most efficient pass rushing team in the NFL.

WITH Suh in the middle.

Charles Harris needs to show his worth or our back 7 will get shredded.