1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rosenhaus: We won't push Dolphins on Allen

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Muck, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Drew was on with Joe Rose earlier this morning. The topic of Will Allen's health and availability came up. I'll summarize...

Drew said that he will not take any kind of action thru the NFLPA to get Will freed up.

He maintains that Will would have been able to contribute early in the season. Drew acknowledged that, while they tried to dissuade the Dolphins from placing him on IR and were disappointed with that decision, the team gave Will an impressive contract extension and are well within their rights to keep their options open for 2011. He acknowledged that Will is making a ton of money on IR.

Drew says they basically have "no options". "It's really a moot point now". The issue "is history." Allen will be ready in 2011. If the Dolphins ultimately decide to part ways, Drew is confident he'll land on his feet elsewhere.

Technically, Drew could make some waves via the NFLPA and/or hammer on the Dolphins. But certainly they realize none of that assures a release, and taking that tact would do he and Allen more harm than good regardless of the outcome.

Drew takes a lot of criticism from fans. But he's a damn good agent and the Dolphins have a good relationship with him.

DolfanJake, Disnardo, ascii and 19 others like this.
  2. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    If I were in the NFL and had to hire an agent, Drew would be my guy. He rarely has hold-outs (if ever) and seems to get good deals for his clients. The Willis McGahee thing was brilliant.

Teams seems to like him as well. It's rare there's a bad word uttered about him.

Boik14 likes this.
  3. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Livin' and Dyin' w/ Ryan!

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    I used to think he was a doosh, but I think most of the criticism comes from the fact that he's really good at what he does and is pretty much the lead dog. But when you look at his actions, what is there really not to like?

He philosophically is against hold-outs, which is great for teams, fans and - ultimately - the player. He gets good deals for his clients (that's his job). Really, what's not to like?

4. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Anyone see how much money Will Allen is set to make next year? Yeah he is either restructuring or getting cut. No way we pay him that much money for a guy who hasn't played a game for a season and a half.

5. RalphX19X

RalphX19X >:)

Nov 23, 2007
    Miami
    Good. He'll hopefully be fully healthy and a nice asset in 2011. Also very classy way of handling the situation by Rosenhaus and Allen.

6. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado

I think he is a fan of the Dolphins, I believe I read that a while back.

7. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Drew is cool, plus he can break bricks with his hands...

DolfanJake, CaribPhin and SICK like this.
  8. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

He doesn't afraid of anything either

9. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Setting the over/under on the amount of people on this forum who get that reference at 6. And I’m taking the under.

CaribPhin likes this.
  10. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Drew is good at doing what is best for his client.

And in this case he has to realize that nobody is paying the guy jack squat for being 30+ years old, tearing an ACL last year, failing to come back from it this year, and rarely intercepting a ball in his career.

When he says the Dolphins gave him a generous contract extension, that right there is the real reason for this development. MONEY. He's getting paid lots of money to not play and if he took an injury settlement he'd not only get less in 2010, but probably less in 2011 as well. And with Jason Allen turning out to be fools gold, and Sean Smith showing further inconsistency, Will Allen is worth more to the Dolphins in 2011 than he is to another team.

11. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

You would probably win

12. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Didnt he save some kid from drowning?

13. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Making a positive out of a negative Will Allen gets a chance to heal his body while he gets paid handsomely .Win win.Too many times we have seen careers cut short because of the pressure to play while injured.

Will Allen has a lot of talent and he will be ready next year.....when we will need him.

14. DearbornDolfan

DearbornDolfan Active Member

Mar 7, 2009
    4chan thing. I think that puts the minimum for understanding at four.