1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ross and Fan Vision, blazing a path in the digital age

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by finsincebirth, Sep 23, 2010.

1. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Thought I'd post this for those wanting to know more about fan vision. Enjoy :up:

http://www.gainesville.com/article/...N-F-L-stadiums-vies-for-fans-8217-inattention

Disnardo likes this.
  2. dolfan94

dolfan94 New Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Mine arrived yesterday. Wont be using it during games, but might be good for tailgating

3. phineas64

phineas64 Season Ticket Holder

Got mine last night too. I'll be giving it a workout while tailgating Sunday, then we'll see how the game goes. I had a small 4" tv and a radio I used at games before, but couldn't enjoy the game as much with either so I stopped bringing them.

4. finsincebirth

Dec 1, 2007
    I think the main point is to be used in down time. Time outs commercials etc, that way you can keep an eye on your fantasy team or rivals and you'll be emersed the whole experience

5. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    You are at a REAL football game
    why check on your fantasy team
    that's lame
    I hate the idea of having this technology in the stadium. Isn't life monolithic enough without having devices at a football game.
    I hate the idea.

6. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Pretty cool.

7. finsincebirth

Dec 1, 2007
    Because whether you like it or not Killer, fantasy football has boomed and become a huge part of the sport product. Why do you think Direct TV has the red zone alert and the new feature where you can program your fantasy team in and follow them with once click. As technology grows the consumption of sport is changing drastically, and fan vision stands to be at the forefront. It's no longer about going to the game, it's more about the experience and the extra's. Why do you think Jerry Jones built his shiny new stadium? Because it's an experience that other places don't offer.

Also Ross is right, when are competing with stay at home fans. If you can stay at home in the A/C, watch the game on a big screen hdtv, with cheaper ammenities, a lot of people will take that option. Especially with the south florida heat. If this takes off it helps provide that extra incentive.

Lastly this is more than fantasy football. Need to take a ****? Waiting in line to buy a beer or whatever? You have the fan vision and you won't miss any action. Or maybe it's late in the season and we are scoreboard watching. Now you can simulataneously follow an important afc east or wild card game while enjoying the dolphins. The amount of use is up to each fan. Some will use it while watching the game. Others will check scores during time outs. Just like at home I'm sure many people here during commercials switch over to another game. It's the same thing, only you can do it in stadium.

eric likes this.
  8. m ino

m ino New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    sweet!!so now the jets fan can continue watching the game as they file out of the stadium during the middle of the third quarter due to being disgusted by the score we are going to put up on them..auuuwoooooooo!

BlameItOnTheHenne likes this.
  9. yousamook

yousamook New Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Hia-****in-Leah
    got mines yesterday too!!! Its all charged now and ready for Sunday! I prob will not be on it during the game but will use it for Tailgating... especially since I will prob be there at 4 until the game starts!