1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RSP Film Room - Matt Waldman looks at WR Leonte Carroo

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Da 'Fins, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Pretty cool stuff ... They are pretty impressed with Carroo.

https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2016/07/06/rsp-film-room-no-84-wr-leonte-carroo/

Interesting comparison to Parker, in these comments by Waldman:

Long video at the link.

2. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    There is a fascinating discussion near the beginning (Starting at the 10:00 minute mark) that I meant to mention that is a bit disconcerting relating to Carroo's injury history.

He's had three documented concussions. But, some sources - and there's some evidence for this based on practices the following year - including an NFL source, indicate that Carroo may have had a neck injury in one of those concussions. Those three concussions were prior to 2015 and that the reason he stayed in college was to play a full season without any health issues creeping in.

Further compounding this is that there is also a source that indicates he may have had a 4th, undocumented concussion that caused him to miss games against Wisconsin & Michigan in 2015.

That will be something to watch moving forward. NFL WR's are susceptible to head injuries given where they play and once those concussions start that can be a problem. It will be interesting to see going forward if Carroo can escape other problems and stay healthy.

djphinfan likes this.
  3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Pretty concerning D-fin, also didn't like that stat on Parker about being the worst in press in that rookie class last year

dolfan7171 and Da 'Fins like this.
  4. Finster

Finster Finsterious Finologist

Jul 27, 2013
    I was talking about this when we lost Matthews, and then again when we drafted Caroo, neither Parker or Stills are good vs press, which when we lost Matthews concerned me that we didn't have a SE, because if we were trotting out Parker and Stills, one of them was likely to get washed due to press.

This also a reason I think Caroo has an excellent chance to start this year at some point, because he is a true SE.

Da 'Fins likes this.