Tags:
  1. anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

2. ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Man I tell ya it really does not speak highly to USC players coming from Carroll's program. Some of them are OK but for the most part they seem to walk into the NFL with no work ethic, with attitude issues, etc. Joe McKnight is just the most recent example. I would say it's the curse of success and I can remember a time when all the players coming out of Miami had attitude issues that they excuses as "swagger" but the one thing they also had and that they were proud of was the willingness to work hard on their conditioning and in practice.

Boik14 likes this.
  3. SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    to further add to your point ck.....all i am hearing up here in charlotte nc is dwayne jarrett is a joke, running the wrong routes, other guys working harder, and hes on the cusp of being cut. not lookin good for wr's from USC

4. Bjorn Season Ticket Holder

Nov 26, 2007
    Maine
    I wonder if that will change at all with Kiffin at the helm

5. ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    It's bad. You have the saga of LenDale White. Dwayne Jarrett and Patrick Turner. Joe McKnight can't pass a conditioning test. Everson Griffen walks into the NFL with that stigma, which is why he fell in the draft. I don't think Fred Davis is garnering a great reputation for the work ethic stuff.

Now that I look at it, maybe it's mostly just the offensive players...because some of the defensive players like Sedrick Ellis, Keith Rivers, Clay Matthews, Brian Cushing, Kaluka Maiava...really have a reputation for working hard and taking their strength and conditioning very seriously.

6. Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    I just think USC is a microcosm of the entire college to pro transition / projection process. There will be some successes and some absolute failures... They have been the benchmark for the most players drafted for the last however many years. I am curious to see how Carroll does up there in Seattle.

7. Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    I think I've heard every other recievers name in the last couple of days except for Turners. I think the book is what it is. USC offensive players, under Pete Carrolls tenure, have not produced as a whole in the NFL. The only ones with any real production have been Carson Palmer and Reggie Bush and Bush only had the light come on last year by my eyes.

Turner is a goner it seems and thats too bad because I liked his size and potential coming out.

8. padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, Turner is also on Sparano Island, right were he should be as the guy has shown nothing to deserve a roster spot other than Irish choosing him in the third round last yr.

Here is my basis of hope for Pat Turner, Marshall is the lead dog on the Wr sled team, Turner is seeing the same things we are seeing from BMarsh, physically dominant, uses his size well, Beast like agility, as a player the first thing you do is compare your game to your teammates, if Turner takes a que from Marshall it will motivate him to do the same things.

Let's face it, physically Turner has every attribute over Greg C save for the intangibles, he has been called out as right now UDFA's Roberto Wallace and Marlon Moore are outplaying him, so is Julius Pruitt, heck even UDFA/CFL refugee RGM is making more happen than Pat Turner.

9. alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Steve Smith, too.

10. Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    I think you're right Padre. Turner's only real hope is too pick up his game based on Marshall's tutledge.

padre31 likes this.
  11. Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    Steve Smith from the Panthers. Didn't he play for Utah?

12. firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    It is strange how so many of the USC players underferform in the NFL.
    As far as USC future,just look what happened to the stoic Hurricane program after they had their problems.

13. Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    Ah. The Giants Steve Smith. Forgot about him. Yea, USC guy too.

14. padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    That is why the injury bike deal is important to how I view Turner, both players were "injured', if Turner were in Marshall's hip pocket, he would have been peddling away as well.

BTW, how cool are the Camp reports that Brandon Marshall is the last guy to leave the autograph line after practice is over? Dude is signing everything and even gave a fan a his towel..after he autographed it.

15. Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

16. Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I think Turner has just a few weeks to show what he's got here. This is his last opportunity here, if it hasn't already passed him by. Unrealized potential is the bane of all college-players-turning-pro. You don't get the one-on-one training in the pros. Don't get me wrong, it's available, but you have to grab it for yourself, some trainer or position coach isn't going to map out a progression for you to follow during the offseason to improve. Turner hasn't figured that out yet, apparently. He has his shot...but it's now. I don't know what preparation he's been doing to get ready for camp, if at all, but it'll show thru fairly quickly now...

17. adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    I'm not really sure what Turner's role would be here even if he shows well. Signing Marshall made having a second big possession receiver kind of moot.

18. padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    First one there, last one to leave is always good advice for those trying to make that positive first impression.

Yesterday it was DBess out on the field a half hour before practice began taking passes from the Jugs machine..hint hint PTurner..

Larryfinfan likes this.
  19. VA_Dolfan New Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Virginia Beach
    yeah ive always said USC players are no good out of college but are we forgetting Linart he sucks as well Booty no longer in the NFL oh and Palmer hes ok take 85 away from him and hes a bum. USC only has good Defenseive players. RGM will take Turners spot

20. VA_Dolfan New Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Virginia Beach
    their both bums but id rather have Turner, White is just wasting time and roster spots(he has to be the 2 so he can be used in the wildcat)

21. Phinatic425 MIA State of Mind

Feb 19, 2010
    Upper Left Corner
    Patrick Turner fails at life...

22. PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    He's not a burner, not even a returner, and he sure as hell doesn't give opposing teams heart murmurs. He's just Patrick Turner.

23. padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Here we go:

Now learn hand fighting from BMarsh and make the most of your chances.

24. Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    per mando, carrol had a pick 6 of thigpen, his 2nd (1st score) since TC started

and omar had this little tidbit

anlgp likes this.
  25. padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Does Turner read thePhins?

26. adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    i'm telling you carroll is going to end up being the steal of this year's draft. maybe not in 2010 but by 2011 he'll give sean smith a good run for his money if he stays healthy