1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rumor: PS2 Games Downloadable via PSN

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by sking29, Jun 30, 2008.

1. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    There is a rumor that has been circulating that at E3 Sony is going to announce that PS2 games will be downloadable via PSN on the PS3, beginning first in Europe later this summer. It should be noted however that this rumor comes from a sketchy source (a poster on a message board:up:) and Sony is denying the rumors but the pics look quite legit.

Here is the link so take a look (its interesting nonetheless):

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=26462831&sid=6193205&action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;4

2. Get Up And Go

Get Up And Go New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    It would be smart of them to do this. It might make people more likely to snatch up a 40gb PS3 instead of waiting for a 80gb.

3. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    It would definitely increase sales of the 40GB, but I suspect people would buy new hard drives and swap them out. Heck, I would.

And that download is probably hell. You'd need to let that run overnight AND have a fast Internet connection to make that practical. My lowly 3Mbs DSL would choke.

4. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Well it now appears that this rumor is just that, a rumor, because Sony is denying that they are bringing PS2 downloads to the PS3. Sony is claiming that the pics shown are fakes.

Here's the link:
    http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=196124

Personally I think the pictures shown look quite real but I've been wrong before. Perhaps Sony is just denying it because it would kill their big E3 surprise...who knows.

I also agree that downloading PS2 games would be a pain but I still feel it would be nice to have them available on PSN and they could only be positive for Sony. We'll see what happens.