1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Run Ronnie/Ricky Run???

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolphins1Beatles, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    I can forgive the fumbles since we won and they were against the best run defense in the NFL the past 5 years. Better not happen against the Jets though.

Anyway, the Dolphin run game has looked great, but so far Ronnie Brown has yet to carry more than 13 times in a game. He's averaging 5.5 yards per carry so far. I know it was a bit harder yesterday, since the Vikings were the team controlling the clock [making our win even more impressive-we're not used to that].

I really don't know what to expect against the Jets now. Eventually Ronnie is going to get like 20 carries, but when? You have to think we're going to throw on the Patriots weak secondary(although, we all thought that would happen against the Vikings as well, yet we set a Dolphin record for fewest passes in the 1st half). So will it be against the Jets??? We had a balanced offense last season against the Jets, so maybe that is what we will try for again.

Either way the offense needs to get points and try to pull away, but it seems the run game has been doing fine.[those 2 fumbles that cost us a bigger victory aside].

2. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    My big gripe about our running backs is that both of them need plenty of carries to really get going. And for years, we have been, IMO, using them in a way that doesn't allow either of them to find a rhythm. Ricky had some great games last season when he wasn't splitting carries. I think Ronnie would as well.

3. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    I really don't think our running game has much of an issue, I think our vanilla no thrills offense is and it all starts with the play calling. I do not know how far we will get if we keep playing this same offense all year long. It is nice to see Henne has 0 ints thus far into the season, but unfortunately only has 1 td, we will need to open it up a bit before teams completely clamp down on us in the running game.

4. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I think Ronnie has been on that famous Sparano pitch count..

and I think their bromance needs a little spice..time to start running angry.

5. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Running angry would work. He's in the final year of a contract. He needs a huge year. Go out and get it.