1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rushed eating causes obesity, here's a solution

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by Miamian, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Miamian

Miamian Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Jerusalem, Israel
    It makes you slow down when you eat

It's a reason that I have always battled weight problems, even though I'm not that calorically challenged. If they offer trials I might sign up.

DevilFin13 and CrunchTime like this.
  2. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Yes.That really does work.If you cant take small bites just take a half hour off before you decide you are still hungry .

You are really not.You just think you are .

3. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Let's be honest. If obese people had the kind of will power and self control it takes to regularly, every day, defer their desire for food for a half hour while they wait for their stomach to stop telling their brain that they're hungry, they probably wouldn't be obese. It sounds like a small thing, to the type of person that doesn't have feelings of hunger as strong as obese people regularly do...or the type of person that already has the kind of self-control necessary to accomplish that task...but it's not an easy thing to just go ahead and stop eating for a half hour while they're hungry, waiting to not be hungry, on a regular basis.

This kind of thing may prove useful, but I think there would need to be some studies to show how psychologically effective it is.

jason8er likes this.
  4. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    people? self control? :lol:

jason8er likes this.