1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ryan has Jets in off season program

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by DOLFANMIKE, Mar 26, 2009.

1. DOLFANMIKE

DOLFANMIKE FOOTBALL COACH 32 YEARS Luxury Box

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    Ryan has always been very popular with his players. It's easier to do as an Assistent than it is as a HC, but right now the Jets are benefitting from his hire. He has every player on the roster coming to the off season program except RB Thomas Jones. I expect the Jets to get off to a strong start this season unless their QB situation grounds them.

BleedinGreenNC and late again like this.
  2. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    They need to work to upgrade their offense some in the draft or they're going to be disappointed this season.

BleedinGreenNC likes this.
  3. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Well, his def scheme is complex, so I wouldn't be surprised if they get off to a slow start, and pick it up over the course of the season.

Either way, they will do better than last year.

4. DOLFANMIKE

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    They will have the right frame of mind, thats the part the worries me. Anytime a team has that kind of Off Season experience they will be mentally strong and have unity.

5. DOLFANMIKE

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    other Jets news:

625 comments Leon Washington wants more money from Jets in extension

Leon Washington sounded like an agent - his own agent. The Jets' all-purpose dynamo, entering the final year of his original contract, is seeking a long-term extension. Washington didn't say how much he wants, but it's probably safe to assume that anybody who compares himself to Hall of Famer Gale Sayers is looking for mega bucks. "I'm trying to revolutionize the game, trying to take it to the next level like the guys back in the day, like a Dave Meggett or a Gale Sayers," he said Thursday at the team's offseason program. "They did so much and did it so well. I want to bring that style back at a high level. In my opinion, that, plus the leadership I give in the locker room, is priceless." The Jets, too, would like to hammer out a new deal by the start of the season. Washington is believed to be seeking at least $4 million a year. He is due to make $535,000 in 2009. Ben's Take: Its always fun this time of year when NFL players do the cash dance. -- NY Daily News

6. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    On the other hand I would think Barton and Leonhard will be able to help that transition.