1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ryan says Jets should be favored to win Super Bowl

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by TheHighExhaulted, Jan 6, 2010.

1. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Wow, I hate this guy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4802462

2. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    I think the Jets are dangerous team built for a playoff run if Sanchez is limited but favorite for the SB not so much. The Chargers are the team to beat in my eyes and seeing the Jets go into SD at any point and win I just don't see. I also think the Pats would kill the Jets as well as the Ravens (kill the Jets that is). I think the Jets have a good chance to win this weekend and maybe even beat the Colts (I think their timing will be off like in 2005) but the AFC Championship game is it. Either Batimore, NE, or SD will meet them there and it ends.

The Jets are a dangerous team but I see them winning 2 games at max...my gut says Cincy toyed with them last week and will bring the hammer down this weekend but them beating Cincy or Indy wouldn't surprise me.

3. khat

khat Active Member

Aug 9, 2008
    Ryan is a stupid fat F@#k. If the Colts and Bengals hadn't laid down, they wouldn't be in the playoffs. I hope the Bengals win by 70!

4. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    He talks too much.

That being said, I think they win easy this week.

5. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    It all depends how much they need Sanchez to step up, if they can get the early lead and the defense do the work I think they got a good shot, but if they are behind and Sanchez needs to throw in weather they could be in single digets I think then the Bengals will have the advantage.

6. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Cinci has a much better team than they showed last week. IMO people are getting caught up in two bogus wins by the Jets. They do have a really good defense, but....
    The week before the Colts laid down for them they scored 7 points against ATL.
    And lost.
    http://www.nfl.com/teams/newyorkjets/schedule?team=NYJ&id=3430
    Look at their schedule and W/L record - who they beat and who they lost to.
    I don't agree that they're good enough to get past Cinci.
    I think this next weekend they're coming back down to earth.

7. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    Thanks to Rex Ryan I now hate the Jets more than any other team in the league, and this is a good thing. Patriots kind of overtook that over the last few years, so thanks to this fat piece of trash for restoring the utmost hatred for that football team, coaching staff, and organization as a whole. Every time he opens his triple chin held blabbering mouth it doesn't make me want to play and beat the Jets, though, it makes me want to punch him in the face, drop him, and spit in his face while on the floor.

I hate this guy. I don't think I've ever hated and been annoyed by a coach as much as this clown.

8. Thunderbolt89

Thunderbolt89 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    There he goes with that gigantic ego of his making delusional statements,really I don't expect any less. I just do not know when he will learn his lesson about making such foolish claims.

9. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    See, I knew this would be good. Now he'll barely address their needs in the offseason because he already thinks they're a Super Bowl team. He'll make tweaks and luxury picks. This will be good for the rest of us in the AFC East.

10. MrPaul13

MrPaul13 Banned

Jan 3, 2010
    Carson Palmer vs The Human Interception Machine
    I think I know where Id lay my money

11. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Dude thought they had been eliminated 4 weeks ago.

12. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Ryan is a ****ing idiot. The Jets will get blown out by Cincy. Cincy got to see their whole gameplan while the Jets got to see bench players and a vanilla scheme. Mark Sanchez will lose this game, mark it down. That Cincy defense is too good, especially the corners, Sanchez will throw at the very least 3 ints.

13. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    While I disagree STRONGLY they win they "whole tournament" it is kinda cool for a coach to publicly display that type of confidence in his team. Even if he is a fat sloppy old wrinkled P.O.S

14. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, if the Jest do manage to beat the Bungles, they are frozen out of signing any Free Agents outside of their own players unless they lose a player:

Idahophin and HardKoreXXX like this.
  15. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    I'm so tired of the "Jets are a dangerous team in the playoffs" nonsense.

There's no way they can hang with the Colts, Chargers Saints, Cowboys or Vikings.

Sorry, just isn't gunna happen. Even WITH the Colts laying down for them, it took a kickoff return and a fumble recovered for a TD for them to win.

The New York Jets....the "Blair Witch Project of Football". All kinds of hype, but in the end you realize they aren't that good.

Clipse, padre31, muscle979 and 2 others like this.
  16. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    I think he eats too much too:shifty:

17. Idahophin

Idahophin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Snake River Plain
    The jets get a play off spot handed to them on a silver platter and the dunkin donut poster boy has to open his mouth. Shove a donut in it and shut him up.

18. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Sanchez will throw 8 pick 6s this weekend.:up:

19. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    I swear, if they should win, I'd go into mourning.:sad: It would just be a fluke to me. I hope them and ne get busted quickly.

20. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Damn steve....why do you think that?....:dunno:
    ..what do you suppose it's like at his house on a Saturday morning after a run to Dunkin Donuts?
    mass mayhem?
    shark feeding frenzy?
    do his kids even stand a chance?

steveincolorado likes this.
  21. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    They got a shot as much as I hate to admit it.....great D, and running game....and at 50-1...I'd lay 20 on them to go, why not?? It is wide open this year...

22. Ricky Williams

Ricky Williams New Member

Sep 10, 2008
    Last I heard his kids still aren't talking to him for eating the family dog after it tried to snag a crumb from one of his dounts. :shifty:

steveincolorado and late again like this.
  23. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Traditionally, it is VERY tough for Rookie QB's to win road playoff games. It's extrmemly rare, and Joe Flacco won two last year because of the Ravens D and their run game carrying him, but Sanchez is no Flacco.

The only way the Jets win at Cincy is if the Defense and run game have huge days. I don't think they'll be able to do it, honestly. If it were at home, maybe.

24. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Fat Rex should shut up. He must be too stupid to realize how much luck was required for them to even be a part of the tournament. It's a little tougher when you play against teams that care if they win or lose Fat Rex. They were incredibly lucky with the injury bug as well, given how one dimensional they are on offense. I'd like to see that offense without Jones and Green.

25. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Some pretty soul satisfying thoughts from The Sporting News concerning those pesky Jets.

.."A little New York hypocrisy

After the Dolphins beat the Jets in October with a heavy dose of the Wildcat, New York linebacker Calvin Pace couldn't hold his tongue.

"I'm going to be honest, I can't respect that stuff," he said at the time. "All that Wildcat. Because we're in the NFL, man. If you're out there running that nonsense, it's crap."

And, of course, the Jets have since taken to the Wildcat, using Brad Smith as a change-of-pace quarterback. Smith rushed for 92 yards on four carries in the playoff-clinching win over Cincinnati.

If not for all that "nonsense" and "crap," the Jets might be sitting at home this weekend.

and.....
    ." Rex Ryan Can't Help Himself

The Jets had the Bengals right where they wanted them. Regardless of whether the Bengals did or didn't try to win on Sunday night, the AFC North champions undoubtedly were rattled by that 37-0 pounding. And so with the league's best defense and a potent running game, the Jets seem to be poised to roll into Cincinnati and do to the Bengals what the Bengals so proudly did to the Ravens and Steelers this year — beat them twice.

But then Jets coach Rex Ryan decided to pop off, declaring that his team should be favored not only to win on the second Saturday in January but also on the first Sunday in February.

And with that declaration, Ryan gave Bengals coach Marvin Lewis all he needed to get his team to forget about the beating they took in Week 17 — and to administer one of their own in the wild-card round.

What better way to get past a moment that might have sapped the team's confidence than by changing the focus to yet another comment from Ryan suggesting that he's too big for his britches?
    "...
    http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2010-01-08/10-pack-cowboys-phillips-coaching-for-his-job

26. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    I'd lay 20 on the Chargers to take the jests. Their run will be over soon. Sad is'nt it:pity:

27. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I wouldn't put money on that. That defense is highly underrated. The San Diego defense on the other hand is ripe to be between silly.

28. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Well, I thought they would win yesterday, and it looks like they will get the Chargers the way this game is going. I think they can win that game also.

29. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    If you could win SuperBowls by flapping your gums, Rex Ryan would be a hall-of-famer by now.

dolphindebby likes this.
  30. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Lookie what else Rex is sayin'!

[​IMG]

Have you EVER wanted a team to lose as bad as the Jets?

31. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 message board ******* Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
    its second but its not even really a close second to the 2007 Pats.. but it will be very satisfying.

32. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

holy **** they spelled everything right!

Pagan likes this.
  33. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 message board ******* Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
    yes but why would Jets fans throw a Parade for the Colts?...they might have used spell check but the idiocy is still there.